Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS "

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:23 pm

That Plymouth Argyle are facing of the pitch and on it with results, I notice that last night they lost to Barnet 2-0 but they still managed to take an away following of 800 fans and the fans applauded the team off the pitch at the end of the game despite the defeat, fair play to them.

Would City take 800 fans away if we dropped down to League 2 as quickly as Plymouth did ?

Re: WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Yes ! Simply because the plastics would f**k off :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:28 pm

yes we would
fair play to the plymouth fans :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm

No I don't think we would for a second.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Yes ! Simply because the plastics would f**k off :ayatollah:

SPOT ON :lol: :ayatollah:

In the old days def,but I do worry how loyal our fans are today ?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:That Plymouth Argyle are facing of the pitch and on it with results, I notice that last night they lost to Barnet 2-0 but they still managed to take an away following of 800 fans and the fans applauded the team off the pitch at the end of the game despite the defeat, fair play to them.

Would City take 800 fans away if we dropped down to League 2 as quickly as Plymouth did ?

Carl, Thats what I call loyalty and I would not like Plymouth to go out of the league, they would be the biggest Supported club ever to go out and guess what the Riddler is in control.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No I don't think we would for a second.

Luke, We def would if a lot of the old fans came back and we were still at Ninian Park. The new fans, the new stadium has attracted only know success and they moan at that.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

SPOT ON :lol: :ayatollah:

In the old days def,but I do worry how loyal our fans are today ?

Annis id be straight there :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:43 pm

A big up to Plymouth fans. But yes all our old supporters would come flocking back. Dont care what shit is served up on the pitch. Just being pissed up and having a crack on the terraces :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:47 pm

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Heaney-qui ... story.html

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A big up to Plymouth fans. But yes all our old supporters would come flocking back. Dont care what shit is served up on the pitch. Just being pissed up and having a crack on the terraces :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Thats the Spirit Steve :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:51 pm

stickywicket wrote:http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Heaney-quits-new-buyers-emerge/story-13325689-detail/story.html

Yes we would. The club would need us and we step up to the plate BIG time! We would form a tight knit group of fans, harking back to the old days...knowing that every fan there on that day are true, passionate Cardiff City fans.

Shit, im almost making relegation sound good. :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Heaney-quits-new-buyers-emerge/story-13325689-detail/story.html

Yes we would. The club would need us and we step up to the plate BIG time! We would form a tight knit group of fans, harking back to the old days...knowing that every fan there on that day are true, passionate Cardiff City fans.

Shit, im almost making relegation sound good. :lol: :lol:

Memories :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 pm

count me in

Re: " WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS "

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 pm

There all there to see FEEEEEEENEY :D

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:00 pm

milly44 wrote:There all there to see FEEEEEEENEY :D

Milly tut tut, your picture is in my new book with Feeney.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Uri Geller and some of the Jackson family / friends putting a package together now as ridsdale deal looks dead, just goes from bad to surreal dow there

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Credit where credits due !!
That is a bloody good following, feel for those fans cos of how far they hav to travel every other week let alone being in the situation they are in.
Let's hope they survive!!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Credit where credits due !!
That is a bloody good following, feel for those fans cos of how far they hav to travel every other week let alone being in the situation they are in.

Jules, totally agree, proper football fans, not like these plastic premiership fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I remember going to Barnet in the mid to late 90's and we must have had 2000+ there, filled that scaffold stand thing with no roof and had fans in a section of the terrace to the right of us.

The police closed all the pubs aswell, City always had a good following at the London Clubs, Brentford, Leyton Orient etc. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Jules, totally agree, proper football fans, not like these plastic premiership fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think that's a bit harsh annis not all new fans are plastics, With every year comes more fans wether they're there for the team or the glory their putting asses in the seats and making the club money.

Maybe some last season were plastics came to see the 'big names' but this season are just as loyal as those ten years before them.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:That Plymouth Argyle are facing of the pitch and on it with results, I notice that last night they lost to Barnet 2-0 but they still managed to take an away following of 800 fans and the fans applauded the team off the pitch at the end of the game despite the defeat, fair play to them.

I think we would Carl. The regularity and loyalty of Cardiff City's away support has (IMHO) NEVER been in doubt and other clubs have said that over MANY years (even before the Plastic Age commenced) :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 pm

without locking horns, ive been a season ticket holder now for 12 years, partly cos of age and partly cos ive moved to cardiff and fell in love with the city....... i hate the divide with all the talk of "plastics" .... wihout the "plastics" the new stadium would not be nearly full. would you rather a half empty stadium with die hard blue blood, or a mixture of fans who have tagged along to the excitement over the last few years with our wembley trips to see what its all about. We should welcome with open arms any new city fans without questionning loyalty and "how long youve been a fan" and "remember the good old days bollox" footballs moved on, its not just loyalty, its entertainment also and in my opinion anyone prepared to turn up on a saturday, and wear a scarf of the team i love is not a plastic. they are a fellow fan. quit the bullshit please :old:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:11 pm

I think we would Carl even in the dungeon days we had a solid away support. More worrying is where their missing thousands of home fans have gone :?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:No I don't think we would for a second.

Luke, We def would if a lot of the old fans came back and we were still at Ninian Park. The new fans, the new stadium has attracted only know success and they moan at that.

Yeah but we are at the CCS now and we have different fans.

If we had Barnet in the cup now we would sell out and I'd be first in the queue. If we were playing the likes of them every week I think attendances would be minimal now, standards have been raised to high now.

And what is a plastic fan? Surely anyone travelling away is more than a plastic?
And these plastics are/will be paying for the loans everyone seems to be demanding?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think we would Carl even in the dungeon days we had a solid away support. More worrying is where their missing thousands of home fans have gone :?

Not really gone missing mate, only until the last season or so at ninian park were we get over 18k. We have grown, but at our own peril...community amongst the supports as a whole has gone (slightly contradicting considering mike dye's passing, but which is an exceptional case), obviously the stadium being less intimate has something to do with that.

I am trying not being a grump, it makes perfect business sense to move stadiums biut I was actually against it when it was first proposed. Id love to have had a redeveloped stadium that could still offer world class facilities and extra revenue from non footballing events. So many stadiums are old and have buckets of character but still host the best football in the land and still manage to rake in the profits. Villa park is a favourite of mine.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:29 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:49 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I remember going to Barnet in the mid to late 90's and we must have had 2000+ there, filled that scaffold stand thing with no roof and had fans in a section of the terrace to the right of us.

The police closed all the pubs aswell, City always had a good following at the London Clubs, Brentford, Leyton Orient etc. :ayatollah:

A lot of those fans don't go anymore and feel they have been forgotten.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:52 am

typenamehere wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think that's a bit harsh annis not all new fans are plastics, With every year comes more fans wether they're there for the team or the glory their putting asses in the seats and making the club money.

Maybe some last season were plastics came to see the 'big names' but this season are just as loyal as those ten years before them.

I agree def not all new fans are plastic, you can not say they are as loyal as 10 yrs ago, as we have had only success in the last 10 yrs.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:07 am

bobbankbandit wrote:without locking horns, ive been a season ticket holder now for 12 years, partly cos of age and partly cos ive moved to cardiff and fell in love with the city....... i hate the divide with all the talk of "plastics" .... wihout the "plastics" the new stadium would not be nearly full. would you rather a half empty stadium with die hard blue blood, or a mixture of fans who have tagged along to the excitement over the last few years with our wembley trips to see what its all about. We should welcome with open arms any new city fans without questionning loyalty and "how long youve been a fan" and "remember the good old days bollox" footballs moved on, its not just loyalty, its entertainment also and in my opinion anyone prepared to turn up on a saturday, and wear a scarf of the team i love is not a plastic. they are a fellow fan. quit the bullshit please :old:

Well said. And when do the new fans stop being"plastics"? 5years time? 10 years time? If the club got relegated down 2 divisions now, many of those fans would still attend. You only have to look at Bradford city, who had a brief rise up to the Premier League for 2 seasons and are now near the bottom of League 2. They still have gates of 10,000+ and are the best supported team in that league.

Times have changed - there are far more choices of what to do on a Saturday afternoon than there was in the past, and it is fantastic that more than 20,000 want to go to the Cardiff City Stadium to watch the Bluebirds rather stay at home and watch Skysports.

Remember the past fondly - but it ain't coming back.

Good luck to Plymouth - but for a group of enthusiastic Malaysians, it could have been us.

Don't call me plastic - my first game was in 1967!