Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I PERSONALLY THINK "

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:19 pm

" I PERSONALLY THINK BLACKPOOL AWAY " will be our toughest match so far this season, for years we have struggled there, but hopefully with the new type of team Malky has assembled we can get a win there, a draw would also be a good result.

I am more than pleased with the position we are in the league and if we are serious about challenging for promotion then Malky must be fully supported by our board with at least 3 more players in the next 2 weeks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I PERSONALLY THINK "

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Agree with you Annis, MM needs to bring in at least 3 QUALITY players. Think a point at Blackpool would be good. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Going away in the championship is always difficult and blackpool are no mugs.

I think we need two players but no more yet

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Would be delighted with a draw, it's not gonna be easy, but Cardiff do have a tendancy of making things harder for themselves. :lol: :lol:

CMON CITY!! :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:09 pm

IF Kevin Phillips is up for it - he's going to be hard to stop..... I'd say we'd have to go there in a defensive counter attacking mood! 4-5-1 possibly man mark phillips out as he's lost his pace now!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:28 pm

I reckon Blackpool will be pushing for the playoffs big time this season and a point up there is definitely a point gained. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Zabier wrote:I reckon Blackpool will be pushing for the playoffs big time this season and a point up there is definitely a point gained. :ayatollah:

Steve, I expect them to finish in the top 6 this season, so it should be a tough game.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 pm

I genuinely expect them to fight for top 3. Blackpool got promoted before and they very well can do it again!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Blackpool away followed by leicester then southampton at home. Those 3 games should let us see how good we really are.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:06 pm

murphy wrote:Blackpool away followed by leicester then southampton at home. Those 3 games should let us see how good we really are.

Agreed. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

A point away is always welcome :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:39 pm

I fancy us to pinch another 1-0 away win. The team is well set up to defend deep and counter attack with speed, especialy with KM and RE up front. Blackpool would prob feel that they will need three points from this so will push hard.
My worry with the squad is that it lacks the power to dominate at home so 2/3 loan signings that include a forward who can hold up the ball would be gladly welcomed! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:40 pm

griff105 wrote:I fancy us to pinch another 1-0 away win. The team is well set up to defend deep and counter attack with speed, especialy with KM and RE up front. Blackpool would prob feel that they will need three points from this so will push hard.
My worry with the squad is that it lacks the power to dominate at home so 2/3 loan signings that include a forward who can hold up the ball would be gladly welcomed! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now that would make my weekend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I agree Saturday will be a difficult game but I think at worst we will get a draw.

My only worry about Saturday is that Ian Holloway has stayed with this pass and move style of football, like Doncaster, but Blackpool are much better at it, and we huffed and puffed against Donny and Brighton who again play this style. We will need to be on top of our pressing game so I hope Gunnarson or Kiss are with Whitts in CM and not Darcy.

I would much pefer Darcy at CB as Blackpool with Taylor Fletcher and Kevin Phillips may be to mobile for our Hudson and Gerrard.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I PERSONALLY THINK BLACKPOOL AWAY " will be our toughest match so far this season, for years we have struggled there, but hopefully with the new type of team Malky has assembled we can get a win there, a draw would also be a good result.

I am more than pleased with the position we are in the league and if we are serious about challenging for promotion then Malky must be fully supported by our board with at least 3 more players in the next 2 weeks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

this will be my 4th time watching us up there and we've never won , mind you we hav'nt lost either
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: