Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just played the FIFA 12 Demo

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 pm

They never dissapoint.

Some class changes implemented, defending has had an overhaul. Can't wait for it to come out now!!!

What does everyone else think?

Re: Just played the FIFA 12 Demo

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:01 am

I think the brummy commentary is gonna drive me up the wall! Aside from the annoying accent, it's pretty badly recorded, and has no body.

Gameplay is fantastic though. Impressed with the crowd, and the shadow at the Etihad. The defensive controls are going to confuse me though, mainly not being able to hold A to tackle anymore!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:15 am

Yeh, if your shit at defending already on FIFA 11, I advise you practice hard or quit FIFA. :lol: :lol: I like the new online v friend league they have too. You play your friend in a league that consists of 10 games over however long you wish, whoever wins the most of those 10 matches will lift the title, simply brilliant.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:19 am

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:I think the brummy commentary is gonna drive me up the wall! Aside from the annoying accent, it's pretty badly recorded, and has no body.

Gameplay is fantastic though. Impressed with the crowd, and the shadow at the Etihad. The defensive controls are going to confuse me though, mainly not being able to hold A to tackle anymore!

You use 'A' to contain the player and then 'B' to stick a foot in, but it timing that 'B' which is annoying me! Get it wrong and you stumble, slow your players and the opposing player just strolls away.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 am

Who are the commentry team?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:26 am

Utter class cant wait to play the full game! The commentary team is Martin Tyler and Alan Smith, however i heard on the full game theres an alternative cup commentary team of Clive Tisdale and Andy Townsend which can be used as a default anyway.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:38 am

Fantastic, a massive step up from last year which was already really good. Legendary last year is like this years world class.

In the demo Fabregas and Nasiri still play for Arsenal, it's like taunting them. :lol:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:00 am

How does Pro Evo compare to Fifa these days?

I've allways been a Fifa man

A few years ago serious football gamers used to scoff at Fifa gamers saying that Pro Evo was miles better.

What's the Score (excuse the pun) with that now then?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 am

Roathblue33 wrote:How does Pro Evo compare to Fifa these days?

I've allways been a Fifa man

A few years ago serious football gamers used to scoff at Fifa gamers saying that Pro Evo was miles better.

What's the Score (excuse the pun) with that now then?

Unless Pro Evo stumps up the cash to get all the teams and players fully licensed, I'll always be a Fifa man. The made up names annoy me!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 am

loving it all the way, pure class, and theyve brought back some of the more "human" points in career mode which im looking forward to alot, gonne see city in the champions league by xmas!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 am

connersccfc wrote:loving it all the way, pure class, and theyve brought back some of the more "human" points in career mode which im looking forward to alot, gonne see city in the champions league by xmas!

An actual transfer deadline day looks a great shout too.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:55 am

Defending is really hard on it.

Goal I scored with Remy yesterday:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/92919240

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 pm

How do you get the demo........?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:23 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:How do you get the demo........?

Download it from the XBL Marketplace / PS3 Marketplace :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Dafydd wrote:

Thank you buddy :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:11 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

Thank you buddy :ayatollah:

Where's that? : Homer :

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 pm

It's really pissing me off the demo. The new defending is god awful, thank god you can change it back to the usual controls. The passing is even worse than last year, so inaccurate at times it defies belief.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Richie wrote:It's really pissing me off the demo. The new defending is god awful, thank god you can change it back to the usual controls. The passing is even worse than last year, so inaccurate at times it defies belief.

nah i think you just might be shit at it :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Defending is solid!!! But on a brighter note ive scored from like every corner :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Scruffy wrote:
Richie wrote:It's really pissing me off the demo. The new defending is god awful, thank god you can change it back to the usual controls. The passing is even worse than last year, so inaccurate at times it defies belief.

:lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Defending is ridiculous, think im gonna be smashing pads galore

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 pm

thought it was rubbish graphically the game hasnt moved on since 2010 edition

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:thought it was rubbish graphically the game hasnt moved on since 2010 edition

this is because the consoles are coming to the end of there usage. they are getting the best out of them, and the new consoles are in dev.
so i wouldnt be surprised if ea are making a game ready for the new console.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:22 am

Scruffy wrote:

I used to be good on 11 though, all thanks to uni lol

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 am

Defending is more realistic, so it's going to be harder :D

As for passing.. I reckon none of you can pass properly - Passing works fine for me 8-)

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:26 am

How do u download it on ps3 peeps !

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 am

Guards5756 wrote:How do u download it on ps3 peeps !

It should be in the PlayStation Network store thing. If you can't find it, search FIFA 12 and I think it should come up that way :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Hope to god they can find a way to patch up that stupid noob goal online, when their through one on one and they square to the second striker who's always got an open goal, that's all people do these days, fries my head!!

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Richie wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

I used to be good on 11 though, all thanks to uni lol

Haha university did my Fifa playing a world of good.

I failed in the end :( :lol: .

I like the new defending now that i'm a little bit more used to it.

But Messi 95? Villa 91? f*cking stupid if you ask me. Messi is good but he's not 95 good :lol:.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Does anyone else feel it's more of a Pro Evo style? The tempo is a lot slower and you can't just run through people anymore, it focuses a lot more on the build up play, which is good in my opinion.