Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jonathan Williams - one for the future!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Was at the Crystal Palace v Wigan game this evening due to living nearby, and one of my friends being an avid fan. They had a lad on the pitch who was only 5ft5, but had all the aggression of someone a foot taller. Played in midfield, and made absolute mincemeat of Wigan at times, scoring a cracking goal in the process.

Read up on him when I got home. He's called Jonathan Williams, and is only 17! He's had mroe starts for Wales U21 than he has for a club side, but was very impressive!

Certainly one to keep an eye on for the future, expect to see him playing alongside Rambo in a few years time for Wales. Would be great if he caught Malky's eye!

Re: Jonathan Williams - one for the future!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 am

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:Was at the Crystal Palace v Wigan game this evening due to living nearby, and one of my friends being an avid fan. They had a lad on the pitch who was only 5ft5, but had all the aggression of someone a foot taller. Played in midfield, and made absolute mincemeat of Wigan at times, scoring a cracking goal in the process.

Read up on him when I got home. He's called Jonathan Williams, and is only 17! He's had mroe starts for Wales U21 than he has for a club side, but was very impressive!

Certainly one to keep an eye on for the future, expect to see him playing alongside Rambo in a few years time for Wales. Would be great if he caught Malky's eye!

Interesting...I'll keep an eye out for him :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Will never make it

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Thatcher's GOLD wrote:Will never make it

:?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm

If you arent going to contribute productively - why do you bother at all?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:01 pm

In all seriousness hope the kid is good, although I still have high hopes for Collison, but the more the merrier

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:Was at the Crystal Palace v Wigan game this evening due to living nearby, and one of my friends being an avid fan. They had a lad on the pitch who was only 5ft5, but had all the aggression of someone a foot taller. Played in midfield, and made absolute mincemeat of Wigan at times, scoring a cracking goal in the process.

Why do you think he'd come to us ?! He's obviously destined for bigger things - I've heard of him before and Liverpool among others are interested.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Why do you think he'd come to us ?! He's obviously destined for bigger things - I've heard of him before and Liverpool among others are interested.

I was pointing him out more from a Welsh perspective than a Cardiff one. Also, I merely said it would be great f he caught Malky's eye, not 'I think he'll come to us'.

Considering he's only had one league start, he can't really be that well known, and could easily rot away playing in the youth system of one of the big Prem teams, but it would be nice if he lit up the Championship for a while.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:49 pm

thats the end of his career then.coming from someone with your knowledge and wisdom. :roll: