Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEW ARREST! "

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 pm

13th September 2011.
New arrest in inquiry into Wembley death of Michael Dye

Michael Dye died after suffering head injuries in an incident before Wales' match at Wembley
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Man remanded over Wembley death

Man charged over death at Wembley

A 42-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation into the death of a Wales fan who suffered head injuries at Wembley.

Michael Dye, 44, from Cardiff, was found injured near Gate C of the stadium before last Tuesday's Euro 2012 qualifier against England.

Police said a man from Worcestershire was arrested on Tuesday and taken to a West Mercia police station.

Another man, Ian Mytton, 41, has been charged with manslaughter.

Mr Mytton, from Worcestershire, appeared in court on Monday and was remanded in custody until 20 September.

Metropolitan Police said the 42-year-old man arrested remained in custody.

Three other men who attended a West Mercia police station on Sunday had been arrested by Metropolitan Police officers and bailed to return in early November.

An inquest into Mr Dye's death was opened and adjourned on Tuesday.

The inquest at Barnet Coroners' Court heard that the provisional cause of death was blunt trauma to the head.

Metropolitan Police are still appealing for witnesses to the incident in which Mr Dye, a Cardiff City supporter, died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14908549

Re: " NEW ARREST! "

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:02 pm

They've forgot to say he was not a Welsh fan either, I believe he was stood next to the man that hit Mikey at the time.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Do you think they will ever say it was an english fan.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:06 pm

birchblue wrote:Do you think they will ever say it was an english fan.

Jason, I am starting to think they wont, because of politics. :evil:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They've forgot to say he was not a Welsh fan either, I believe he was stood next to the man that hit Mikey at the time.

If the arrested was Millwall they might mention it and sensationalise the story into a pre arranged riot organised on the internet between thugs with mobile phones etc.....

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 pm

1 word OLYMPICS why was there no story about the man arrested in the sun.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 pm

birchblue wrote:1 word OLYMPICS why was there no story about the man arrested in the sun.

Spot on Jason.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
birchblue wrote:1 word OLYMPICS why was there no story about the man arrested in the sun.

Spot on Jason.

Couldn't agree more!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Will the gutter press retract their vile comments and be honest enough to admit they were wrong? Will they f**k! Cunts!! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Well even if they dont say it, its pretty obvious as Worcester is well in England. It was a story, if it was Wales fans killing Wales fans. England fan killing Wales fan it aint such a good story i'm afraid. Sad and wrong and disgusting. But True !!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Im so glad that they are arresting the idiots that took Mikey's life from him and his poor family, lets hope the pay the price for taking a life and ruining others.
As for the press, with all the hype of the press which is going on at the moment such as the hacking scandal, you would think that they would like to report closer to the truth and not fill readers heads with utter bull shit.....Typical tho in it.
Lets hope we get promoted and dedicate promotion to Mikey. Bluebirds :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:15 pm

WHY ARN'T THE PRESS REPORTING IT NOW? WHY ARN'T THEY SAYING .... ENGLAND FAN ARRESTED OVER HIS DEATH"

f*cking hate the english press, cunts

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The whole thing is fucked. When it happened some of the English supporters in work were saying how fucked it was that Welsh supporters killed there own. All their information was from the crap written in the Sun. They would have no knowledge at all that it was now suspected to be a English supporter that killed Mikey unless I told them. It is nowhere to be seen on the news and everyone here still seem to think it was a Cardiff - Swansea thing.
Utter bullshit and I'm fuming :evil:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The whole thing is fucked. When it happened some of the English supporters in work were saying how fucked it was that Welsh supporters killed there own. All their information was from the crap written in the Sun. They would have no knowledge at all that it was now suspected to be a English supporter that killed Mikey unless I told them. It is nowhere to be seen on the news and everyone here still seem to think it was a Cardiff - Swansea thing.
Utter bullshit and I'm fuming :evil:

I just can not believe the papers lied so much, especially after some one had just died :evil: