Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is there a better 'football' stadium...

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:27 pm

...in the world than Dortmund's? Proper football stadium.

If you could pick a style of stadium for us to play in, whos would it be?

Re: Is there a better 'football' stadium...

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Dortmunds is massive aswell, they once had an attendance of 110k against their arch rivals Schalke 04 :shock:

Erm...a bigger version of NP for me. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Dortmunds is massive aswell, they once had an attendance of 110k against their arch rivals Schalke 04 :shock:

110k! Fukn el...thats massive. I didnt know that

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:42 pm

JonScam wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Dortmunds is massive aswell, they once had an attendance of 110k against their arch rivals Schalke 04 :shock:

In Germany they are allowed a maximum of two standing stands and one of their stands is the biggest in the world known as the "Yellow Wall" which holds 25k. :shock: Insane, I bet they make f**k loads of money per season.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JonScam wrote:

In Germany they are allowed a maximum of two standing stands and one of their stands is the biggest in the world known as the "Yellow Wall" which holds 25k. :shock: Insane, I bet they make f**k loads of money per season.

Fairplay...they get it bouncing in there aswell. Would love to see CCS something like that one day

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:49 pm

JonScam wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JonScam wrote:

Fairplay...they get it bouncing in there aswell. Would love to see CCS something like that one day

Right the 110k attendance may be wrong but it was defo in its 100k's, I'm trying to find it, bare with me. :lol: :old:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JonScam wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JonScam wrote:

Right the 110k attendance may be wrong but it was defo in its 100k's, I'm trying to find it, bare with me. :lol: :old:

Nevermind, just checked...and I was wrong. :cry:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I always have Signal Iduna as my stadium on FIFA Ultimate Team. Geeky I know but the Stadium is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 am

I love German football and I think that their grounds are among the most atmospheric in the world. Personally I would prefer HSV's which is about 57,000.

I know about the standing in Bundesliga grounds, but it's not open for just anyone. There are restrictions on who can stand there (OAPs, children, adults accompanying children).

The old Hampden Park once had a crowd of 144,000 and another of 134,000. Imagine trying to get out of there!! :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:00 am

One of my favourites was the old vetch

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 am

Camp Nou or San Siro (When Full) for me!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Borrussia Dortmund charge about £15 to get in which is why they get such great crowds even a few years back when they were mid table.