Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Refund on season ticket

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 pm

nerd wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Love the new stadium as well nobber. Ninian died years before we left.

I agree with both of you I love going to CCS just as much as I did Ninian Park. It is possible to create a great atmosphere there if there is the will to do so.

People conveniently forget how quiet Ninian was most of the time.

there was a better atmosphere at np with 5000 than there is with 20,000 at the ccs
the perfect example was the jacks home last season it was flat as a witches tit, 6000 at np v the jacks in the 80's the place was bouncing

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes back in the day of a few thousand it sounded loud.

But at Ninian we had crowds of 17-20k and it could be silent, mainly over last 6-7 years I'd say. Fans hav become accustomed to the champ and now more demanding than passionate. Moan rather than chant.
I honestly don't think it's anything to do with the stadiums, Ninian or CCS and everything to do with the fans.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Im in Canton 104 to be honest its great atomsphere as all the Canton do sing apart from 103!

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:03 pm

colours wrote:I posted about 2-3 years ago saying you would find that when you moved into your new stadium
it would change for the worse.
Granted, football has to move on from the old ground days pissy toilets stinking seats etc,,
but health @ safety has killed the atmosphere.
Power trip wannabe police- stewards who don't give a flying f**k for the team
which you've followed through thick & thin for the cause,just coz they failed the ob test
and got bullied at school they think that being a steward it's the next best thing.
(& they know cctv has their back covered.)
If people want to stand & sing then so be it-
I for 1 get carried away down the liberty and no doubt make a tw*t of myself shouting and singing but
all my intention is getting my beloved team on the pitch to a victory, spurring them on.
My attitude is where were they in the old days of crowds of 3000 yes 3000 when the owners & team were crying
out for fans like me who had passion, s if they don't like what i got to say f**k off and watch rugby. :old:
The old days were the best but time has moved on, don't let these new plastic prawn sarny brigade
grind you down.
We are the real fans who have made football, paid their wages so that entitles us to our say in todays game.
Get up and sing no matter where you are sitting after a while they'll all start joining in
and the buzz will be back mushes,trust me. :lol:

can someone really explain this to me
Everyone knows new stadiums initially struggle with their atmospheres and its gradually getting better just a little slower than people want but patience is the key
I know people look for scape goats but blaming stewards is a waste of time
for the record
I was never bullied in school
I havent failed my ob tests, though i havent sat them either but dont see why id fail them, have no intention of joining the police anyway
I enjoy stewarding not for a power trip get enough of that from my day job but i enjoy the responsibility it brings and supporting my club in my own way, the money isnt great but i dont do it for the money
I dont know how your stewards work in swansea but from what ive seen they are not very good, where as cardiff city stewards have one of the best reputations in the country

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeah I didnt get the stewards dig either, just people trying to do a job and good on them for working.
You will get people on power trips in all jobs but most do a fine job.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:10 pm

I blame the women and pc brigade.

Ninian atmos is overplayed anyway. rocking on some big games over the years but for the average league game it wasnt all that.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:11 pm

I blame the women and pc brigade.

Ninian atmos is overplayed anyway. rocking on some big games over the years but for the average league game it wasnt all that.