Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Refund on season ticket

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes, I do believe some have done it in the past for various reasons. (moving away for work etc)

Shame to lose anyone for your reasons though fella. :(

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:13 pm

no idear. Best you go support man city if u want a good atmospher.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:24 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Is this possible? After Saturdays game I realise that the new stadium has killed any sort of passion that I have for watching football anymore. :evil:

I have tried to embrace change but I can't, football is not what it used to be and after seeing all my mates on Saturday return who were banned I was wishing I got banned with them.

So anyway, back to the original question. Is it possible to get a refund on my season ticket. Thanks

It's not the stadium mate. It's the fans. The issues are as I see it are:

There are too many new fans who don't sing.
These many new fans are spread throughout the stadium meaning that it dilutes the atmosphere generated by those of us that do sing.
It's an all seater and those who may have been drawn towards a noisy section during the terracing days cannot anymore.
Some of our fans who used to sing can no longer be bothered and are using the new stadium as an excuse.

If you think new stadiums remove atmosphere then go to the Britannia and listen!

It's down to the genuine life long fans to get it going, to introduce the new fans to it and encourage them to sing. I remember going down there when I was a kid and it's quite daunting when you've never done it before.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:28 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Is this possible? After Saturdays game I realise that the new stadium has killed any sort of passion that I have for watching football anymore. :evil:

I have tried to embrace change but I can't, football is not what it used to be and after seeing all my mates on Saturday return who were banned I was wishing I got banned with them.

So anyway, back to the original question. Is it possible to get a refund on my season ticket. Thanks

Why don't you move to the Canton Stand Ely? There is a better atmosphere there and you can stand and sing all you want.
Don't just give up fella.

If you are already in the Canton, then you're screwed ;) :lol:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Before you cancel it mate, give the Canton Stand a go. It's a party over here :D

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Simon, come in the Canton with me, skunky and baz. you will never want to leave. the language is appalling, but we can tone it down for you!!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Ely boy

were do you sit at the moment ?.

i agree with things have changed and i can't see it being
like it was no matter were you sit.

we sit in the equivalant to block F in the grandstand at NP
a lot of the old boys sit in there, so you will kknow a lot in there

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Cheers for the constructive replies. I may well give the Canton a go next home game to see if that sorts me out. If not then further action shall be taken.

I'll take you up on that offer Milly, the language may be an issue but I will try and put up with you foul mouthed cunts.

:lol: :lol:

seriously though, i went in the ninian a few times last year, millwall, swansea. and it was still shite.
canton is a good crack, stand up and sing and enjoy the game :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:57 pm

how much do you want for it !!!!!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:01 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Cheers for the constructive replies. I may well give the Canton a go next home game to see if that sorts me out. If not then further action shall be taken.

I'll take you up on that offer Milly, the language may be an issue but I will try and put up with you foul mouthed cunts.

:lol:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Saturday was the worst i have seen but there was mitigating circumstances. But the Canton does sound to be rocking. But keep the faith chief.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Yes come to the Canton mate, in my eyes if everyone did this then we would have all the singers together which i think will improve the atmosphere. :D

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I feel the same sometimes mate, if me and my mates didn't have 8 seats together I want to f**k off too

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Chief it does not help the atmosphere when loud passionate supporters keep leaving :cry:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:57 pm

I sit in 118 at Ninian and went to ticket office saturday and they don't have spare seats in the niddle near the back in the canton

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm in the canton row dd few from back..... And it's shit in there.... The days where we have good atmosphere have gone.... You get an odd song every 10 mins and done people think that's great..... I love Cardiff city and I always will.... But slowly I'm losing interest in going down every week.... I've had a season ticket now for 8 seasons I've it would've been 11 but got banned :oops: for 3.... I've started plating football again now on Saturday's... So my season ticket is in the bedroom unless my match is off :lol:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Simon come on an away game on our bus, if you don't enjoy, Carl will give you a refund :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Football is shit these days.. cant be arsed in new stadium.. i always sing but its getting worse, the atmosphere is almost gone... not the fans its new stadium, layout, accoustics and being half a mile away from away support, lising banter..

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Football is shit these days.. cant be arsed in new stadium.

The exact problem, fans using the stadium as an excuse so just don't bother. The stadium has been rocking for certain games so it has to be down to fans.

I believe they do refunds but I don't think they should. You can't wear a jumper for a few weeks then decide to return it.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 pm

I posted about 2-3 years ago saying you would find that when you moved into your new stadium
it would change for the worse.
Granted, football has to move on from the old ground days pissy toilets stinking seats etc,,
but health @ safety has killed the atmosphere.
Power trip wannabe police- stewards who don't give a flying f**k for the team
which you've followed through thick & thin for the cause,just coz they failed the ob test
and got bullied at school they think that being a steward it's the next best thing.
(& they know cctv has their back covered.)
If people want to stand & sing then so be it-
I for 1 get carried away down the liberty and no doubt make a tw*t of myself shouting and singing but
all my intention is getting my beloved team on the pitch to a victory, spurring them on.
My attitude is where were they in the old days of crowds of 3000 yes 3000 when the owners & team were crying
out for fans like me who had passion, s if they don't like what i got to say f**k off and watch rugby. :old:
The old days were the best but time has moved on, don't let these new plastic prawn sarny brigade
grind you down.
We are the real fans who have made football, paid their wages so that entitles us to our say in todays game.
Get up and sing no matter where you are sitting after a while they'll all start joining in
and the buzz will be back mushes,trust me. :lol:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:56 pm

There must be something wrong with me, because I love it in the Ninian Stand at the CSS, used to really enjoy the Bob Bank at the old stadium as well, match days are still something special to me after all these years, away days are also great to be a part of with this Forum too, hope to get back into the away mode next month, when I've sorted out my hectic family life. :old:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Love the new stadium as well nobber. Ninian died years before we left.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 pm

This will go on and on. Times have changed wether we like it or not. The only thing is now thou, is that same feeling that we used to get at home we now have to go away to feel anything like it. :cry: :cry:

So i understand totally where Elyboy is coming from. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Love the new stadium as well nobber. Ninian died years before we left.

I think you're right 2blue.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 pm

colours wrote:I posted about 2-3 years ago saying you would find that when you moved into your new stadium
Granted, football has to move on from the old ground days pissy toilets stinking seats etc,,
which you've followed through thick & thin for the cause,just coz they failed the ob test
and got bullied at school they think that being a steward it's the next best thing.
I for 1 get carried away down the liberty and no doubt make a tw*t of myself shouting and singing but
all my intention is getting my beloved team on the pitch to a victory, spurring them on.
My attitude is where were they in the old days of crowds of 3000 yes 3000 when the owners & team were crying
out for fans like me who had passion, s if they don't like what i got to say f**k off and watch rugby. :old:
The old days were the best but time has moved on, don't let these new plastic prawn sarny brigade
grind you down.
We are the real fans who have made football, paid their wages so that entitles us to our say in todays game.
Get up and sing no matter where you are sitting after a while they'll all start joining in

Your best post to date Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 pm

totally agree with the match day experience is shit our ikea legoland stadium dosn't feel like home
i had season tickets in every part of ninian park (at different times mind :lol: ) and i loved the place
it was a shit hole but it was our shihole :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Canton = Standing + singing (more than other areas anyway) only makes sense

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:08 pm

colours wrote:I posted about 2-3 years ago saying you would find that when you moved into your new stadium
grind you down.

Great post Jack :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Love the new stadium as well nobber. Ninian died years before we left.

I agree with both of you I love going to CCS just as much as I did Ninian Park. It is possible to create a great atmosphere there if there is the will to do so.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I agree with both of you I love going to CCS just as much as I did Ninian Park. It is possible to create a great atmosphere there if there is the will to do so.

People conveniently forget how quiet Ninian was most of the time.