Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 2 WEEKS TIME "

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:10 am

I am told that we have the players lined up to come in on loan and that there will be no imminent signings as Malky is looking at the 93 day loan and will reloan until the end of the season in January.

It will be September 30th and after if this is the case before we see a new player coming in.

Re: 2 WEEKS TIME

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 am

carlccfc wrote:I am told that we have the players lined up to come in on loan and that there will be no imminent signings as Malky is looking at the 93 day loan and will reloan until the end of the season in January.

It will be September 30th and after if this is the case before we see a new player coming in.

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:19 am

Potentially 3 games with the same squad then :shock:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:20 am

can see the sense in this as we might need the strength in depth over the xmas period and then can keep them on loan if the parent club agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:20 am

carlccfc wrote:I am told that we have the players lined up to come in on loan and that there will be no imminent signings as Malky is looking at the 93 day loan and will reloan until the end of the season in January.

He should have got some in on a 28 day loan while he was waiting, use the system that is available to him, i know they would have then overlapped but only by a few days, just my opinion.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 am

Any idea how many ?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:39 am

strikers? :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:52 am

This makes complete sense, as Malky said he wants to bring in players which will improve his squad and ones which he could end up signing permanently! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 am

Overthemoon wrote:

This makes complete sense, as Malky said he wants to bring in players which will improve his squad and ones which he could end up signing permanently! :ayatollah:

Agree, most on here want panic signings MM doing things the right way for long term good :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Very happy with this, i expect the additions to be a step up in quality if we are to go by what Malky has said previously. I like the squad we have tbh, but a further injection of quality etc - especially up front and on the flanks will see us seriously challenging :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:10 pm

it will mean alot of the decent players could be picked up by other clubs but i trust malky will get the players he wants in.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm

a horse with no name wrote:it will mean alot of the decent players could be picked up by other clubs but i trust malky will get the players he wants in.

It could be that players are lined up and aware, but know that the club that wants them want to wait so they cant continue the loan period immediately in January to make it season long. We're are unlikely to be the only club with this tactic.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 pm

a horse with no name wrote:it will mean a lot of the decent players could be picked up by other clubs

Not if Carl's post is correct, in that Malky has already lined up the players to come in! ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Carl you state that the players are "lined up".

Clearly dont want to name names but would you considered these players "guaranteed", as best as you can guarantee, or is there a chance we could lose them?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Carl you state that the players are "lined up".

Clearly dont want to name names but would you considered these players "guaranteed", as best as you can guarantee, or is there a chance we could lose them?

With due rspect what a stupid question , if you have been reading the club updates you will know that Malky has a strict "Wall of silence" regarding transfers etc. so how the hell do you expect Carl to know , let alone guarantee!!!!!.

Just my opinion.
:ayatollah:

Re: " 2 WEEKS TIME "

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Yes we wouldn't want carl to give the game away either

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:27 pm

if we get two wins out of the next three league games against Blackpool Leicester and Southampton
we should still be in the top six --then add three more players and we can realy threaten the top sides.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Yes we wouldn't want carl to give the game away either

Spot on, Carl cant win :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:29 pm

He's the poster I look out for - never lets me down

Totally makes sense for Malky to do this - 1 month emergency may have upset the gelling squad and undermined the boys there -although I would be lying if i said I havent been looking for news on loans on here since the window opened!

As some of you have posted - hope we dont get gazumped!
(you have to think that other managers are doing the same though - as its been quite quiet to date in ths loan window activity)

Well done Neath Boy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Excellent news!!!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:12 pm

No possibility of ANY of these players we've had on trial since pre-season signing as well then?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Nice polite reply "Bigbloo Vane"

As I provide photographic services to the club I am well versed in the clubs position re transfers.

I did not ask for names (1) As I am already aware of one and (2) Carl simply said that players were "lined up". All I wanted to know was whether Carl felt that we were likely to get them or not.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Makes sense. We ain't desperate for players right now. Come the Xmas period we will be for sure.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Nice polite reply "Bigbloo Vane"

As I provide photographic services to the club I am well versed in the clubs position re transfers.
I did not ask for names (1) As I am already aware of one and (2) Carl simply said that players were "lined up". All I wanted to know was whether Carl felt that we were likely to get them or not.

You should know what develops then :D :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:50 am

Mafor wrote:if we get two wins out of the next three league games against Blackpool Leicester and Southampton
we should still be in the top six --then add three more players and we can realy threaten the top sides.

That with respect is just wishful thinking.

These are 3 very difficult games against teams with qulaity players and possibly with the exception of leicester, a real team ethic with highly motivational managers.

If we play our slow tempo, highball stuff on display v Doncaster with Earnshaw & Miller not gelling again versus these 3 we'll do well to come away with 3 draws.

I suspect what we will see are tough, uncompromising performances with draws the likely outcome as I cannot see any of those 3 clubs not scoring. A City clean sheet is as rare as a quiet Dai Hunt. :roll:

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Better signings in the loan market :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
All championship clubs will be looking to strengthen.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Glad to see malkys got a straight head on him :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

wa as malky got players lined up? :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Cheers Carl for the info :ayatollah: