Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Missing Jay Bothroyd

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm

It pains me to say it but i really miss him. He wins nearly every header, yes we have rudy but hes not the same player. Bothroyds has a lot of ability, shame we let him go really. Wages of course were a stumbling block but still.... :ayatollah:

Re: Missing Jay Bothroyd

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:39 pm

I dont not one bit

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Missed loads of chances tonight so far!

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 pm

qpr should be 6 nil up bothroyd missing loads

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 pm

He's only fallen over once fair play

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 pm

I think we are missing him massively. I think earnie and miller would perform twice as well with him alongside them.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Well i don't think he is missing us. The fact is, did he ever?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Think we'd be 2-4 points better off with him this season. Him and Miller or Earnie would shred defences.

That said I think he may have been a liability in the WHU game when all 13 of the players we used that day stood up and were counted.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 pm

RFMH wrote:Think we'd be 2-4 points better off with him this season. Him and Miller or Earnie would shred defences.

That said I think he may have been a liability in the WHU game when all 13 of the players we used that day stood up and were counted.

He wouldnt have chased that ball down like rudy did thats for sure

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:04 pm

He is gone let him go Fellas

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
RFMH wrote:Think we'd be 2-4 points better off with him this season. Him and Miller or Earnie would shred defences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUslsRGMDz0

Thing of beauty aint it?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 pm

RFMH wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUslsRGMDz0

Thing of beauty aint it?

Never get tired of watchin that....miller needs to learn to do the ayatollah properly tho :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 pm

he might not have chased down the ball, but he might have scored a couple of headers instead :lol:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 pm

We do need some height up front and someone to hold the ball up etc I would of started rudy alongside Earnie or miller Saturday, against a team that are struggling at the moment to see how it works out.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:45 pm

miller and earnie arent working, dont think they ever will :(

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:21 pm

I enjoyed watching Bothroyd before his England cap, not the same player for the city after that, don't miss him at all now, I'm looking forward to seeing young raw Rudie coming good given time, and still think Earnie and Kenny will click. ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:25 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:It pains me to say it but i really miss him. He wins nearly every header, yes we have rudy but hes not the same player. Bothroyds has a lot of ability, shame we let him go really. Wages of course were a stumbling block but still.... :ayatollah:

He shoots over the bar ahhhhhh wanker