Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T ONE FOR THE PLUMBERS

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 pm

How much can i expect to pay to power flush my central heating system (9 radiators) cheers guys.

Re: O/T ONE FOR THE PLUMBERS

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:49 pm

About £400, or do it yourself you can buy a cleaner for about £30 pump it into a radiator or in expansion tank, let it run for a week flush it out with cold water and put in system inhibitor and refill.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm

bluebird94 wrote:How much can i expect to pay to power flush my central heating system (9 radiators) cheers guys.

is it a combi :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 pm

first turn rad valves off take off rad, take the rad outside and blast with a hose. This will get most out and solve. Is quick and easy too. Don't bother with a power flush waste of time. You then want to fit a magna clean. Look them up, it's a good bit of kit. All this should take no more than a days wage plus the magna clean cost if you want to get someone in. Plus is that the magna clean with keep the system clean!

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Where do you live?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 pm

£400.00 no way ffs thats robbery,ill do it for £399.00 :D Only joking mate 4 hundred seems way to high

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:54 am

krab wrote:
bluebird94 wrote:How much can i expect to pay to power flush my central heating system (9 radiators) cheers guys.

is it a combi :ayatollah:

Yes it's a potterton puma 80, basically i'm looking to change the boiler and have a power flush the same time.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:55 am

BigGwynram wrote:Where do you live?

Little Moscow - Maerdy :ayatollah: