Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Latest Federation news

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:59 pm

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/FSF-condemns ... -death.php

Re: Latest Federation news

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Corky excellent column, and a good read. thanks for posting it.

I had alot of messages via pm too, from a lot of sources asking if they could use images of the forum shirt I hung at the Gates - representing all of us from the forum. I don't see why they asked me though to be honest - I dont have copyrights surely on a shirt! I did take some photos of it - and was also asked by others if they could re-use those images which once again - I allowed but didn't feel I needed to give permission. Nice to see that they used the Forum shirt I produced as their main image - a fitting tribute to Mikey and the respect will all had for him.

Not taking away the attention from the column you posted I just wanted to say thank you to all involved as well, as I have received some very nice messages from lots of members.

I have to say, the last week - I have been extremely proud of the club, its fans and most of all being a bluebird myself.

Thank you.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 pm

The FSF are growing in stature week to week, we now have a really well organised and powerful body with a voice that get's listened to in the highest places, everyone who is or claims to be a football supporter should get behind this group, it is the only way that football fans will egt themselves justice and a fair representation.
:old:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The FSF are growing in stature week to week, we now have a really well organised and powerful body with a voice that get's listened to in the highest places, everyone who is or claims to be a football supporter should get behind this group, it is the only way that football fans will egt themselves justice and a fair representation.
:old:

I think Gwyn has made a good point here with the increasing stature of the FSF and with that in mind I was wondering if you would consider doing me a favour Corky, a favour which involves your role with the FSF.

Although I never met Mikey Dye I have been deeply affected by not only the circumstances of his death but also the wonderful reaction of decent people across the football community. I have also been deeply offended, like many, by the tabloid press reporting of this matter and I have been thinking of ways responding to their dispicable behaviour.

To date I have registered 3 complaints with the Press Complaints Committee and written to my MP asking him to raise the matter in the House Of Commons condemning the tabloid press. Today I have written to the Lord Justice Leveson Inquiry into the tabloid press, an Inquiry intended to focus primarily on the relationship between the press and the public and the related issue of press regulation.

I have complained about what I consider the offensive reporting of this incident and the complete lack of compassion for Mike Dye's family. As an individual it is highly unlikely my complaint will get introduced to the inquiry, but if the FSF were to do it then it may just get included. The same may apply if the Trust were to complain because of the misrepresentation of the club and it's supporters.

All evidence / complaints has to be submitted by 16th September either by post to The Levenson Inquiry, Royal Courts Of Justice, The Strand, London, WC2A 2LL or by email to Solicitor.Levensoninquiry@tsol.gsi.gov.uk

I hope you feel you can help.

Cheers Corky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 pm

I believe that the FSF have agreed to send a complaint to the proper channels but I will also add to yours from the FSF in Wales.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Thank you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: