Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SSN says Welsh fan in court,

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Breaking news just now, surly that he's Welsh is a mistake??? :x

Re: SSN says Welsh fan in court,

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:33 pm

I just re ran the report & the presenter says "Wales fan Ian Mitton"???

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Sky sports news clearly said Welsh fan, also had it printed on the report.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 pm

How do we know he's not a Welsh fan?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:How do we know he's not a Welsh fan?

We dont !

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:04 pm

So the report's not entirely wrong then. There's still a 50-50 chance it could be right. Sloppy journalism, though

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Midfield general wrote:just seen the report from court and doesn't mention either nation. Appearing next on 20th Sep at Worcester crown court. However the report did say that he was hit at the side of the head

The original report, broadcast at 13.23, was breaking news where the Sky news presenter Rob Wotton, clearly said Welsh football fan Ian Mytton in court, it also had it in writing on the report. They then went live to the Redditch court & spoke to another reporter, David Crabtree, who was outside, but he only confirmed his name & address.
I have re run the interview several times now.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:39 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Breaking news just now, surly that he's Welsh is a mistake??? :x

Murdoughs empire eh

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:42 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Breaking news just now, surly that he's Welsh is a mistake??? :x

Rick, The Met have been told to release a Statement Saying he is an English Fan once and for all.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Rick, The Met have been told to release a Statement Saying he is an English Fan once and for all.

Well i'm sure i speak for all, & hope that truth prevails, & the English based media don't try to sanitize or with hold the whole truth!

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:30 pm

English, Welsh, Chinese or Japanese. Nationality isn't the important thing here. There will be some who will only be too willing to castigate a whole nation cos. of one individual. Important thing is that if anyone is found guilty, they receive an appropriate sentance and serve it. Let the law do its job.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 pm

wiltshirebluebird wrote:English, Welsh, Chinese or Japanese. Nationality isn't the important thing here. There will be some who will only be too willing to castigate a whole nation cos. of one individual. Important thing is that if anyone is found guilty, they receive an appropriate sentance and serve it. Let the law do its job.

I wholly agree, but it begs the question why did Sky Sports News report that the person in Redditch court at 13.23 this afternoon as being a Welsh fan? Surely they would have found this detail out before broadcasting it live?
Or was there another reason???

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Thought he was Wolves?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:34 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
wiltshirebluebird wrote:English, Welsh, Chinese or Japanese. Nationality isn't the important thing here. There will be some who will only be too willing to castigate a whole nation cos. of one individual. Important thing is that if anyone is found guilty, they receive an appropriate sentance and serve it. Let the law do its job.

I wholly agree, but it begs the question why did Sky Sports News report that the person in Redditch court at 13.23 this afternoon as being a Welsh fan? Surely they would have found this detail out before broadcasting it live?
Or was there another reason???

They are trying to avoid potential embarrassment because of the Olympics. The news globaly would be English football hooligan charged ....... etc

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 pm

That thought did cross my mind!!! :x :x :x

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:04 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Thought he was Wolves?

I have it on good authority he's a Villa fan.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Too many rumours. Too many conspiracy theories.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm

wiltshirebluebird wrote:Too many rumours. Too many conspiracy theories.

Well, in respect, Ian Mytton, of Redditch, was in court this afternoon, regarding the manslaughter of Mike Dye, and was described as being a Welsh supporter on SSN.