Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A COMMENT ON MALKY MACKAY

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:51 am

Saturday was my first game of the season, and my first chance to see the side play and to see Malky Mackay.

I couldn't believe the difference in our team compared to last season, and was very impressed. So much more passion there, and every player working hard.

I've seen people complain about Miller and Earnie together, but I think they did very well together by all accounts. Miller linked well with the wingers, and midfield as well. While the defence always looked in control, pleased to see Marshall back.

The thing that really got me though was our new manager. Having a manager that cares about the club, and the fans, is magnificent. He really knows what he's talking about, and got substitutions right - unlike our previous manager.

I stayed in the stands after the game and it was great to see Malky shaking everybody's hand as they walked off, including the referee and the Doncaster players. Not to mention his fist pump, and applause to all sextions of the home crowd at the end.

We have a gem in Malky Mackay, and I have no doubts that he will go on to massive things - hopefully he'll take us to the Premier League in the next few seasons, and that will only be the beginning.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A COMMENT ON MALKY MACKAY

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:02 pm

tottally agree :)

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Saturday was my first game of the season, and my first chance to see the side play and to see Malky Mackay.

I couldn't believe the difference in our team compared to last season, and was very impressed. So much more passion there, and every player working hard.

I've seen people complain about Miller and Earnie together, but I think they did very well together by all accounts. Miller linked well with the wingers, and midfield as well. While the defence always looked in control, pleased to see Marshall back.

The thing that really got me though was our new manager. Having a manager that cares about the club, and the fans, is magnificent. He really knows what he's talking about, and got substitutions right - unlike our previous manager.

I stayed in the stands after the game and it was great to see Malky shaking everybody's hand as they walked off, including the referee and the Doncaster players. Not to mention his fist pump, and applause to all sextions of the home crowd at the end.

We have a gem in Malky Mackay, and I have no doubts that he will go on to massive things - hopefully he'll take us to the Premier League in the next few seasons, and that will only be the beginning.

Hi Mate, I have sent you a few PM's recently but not had any replies just checking if you got my blog for your fanzine :?:

Also totally agree with your comments on Malky if am convinced that if we had, had him managing last seasons squad we would be in the Premiership now :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Could not agree more. We are building something big here, with a commited manager with real passion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Saturday was my first game of the season, and my first chance to see the side play and to see Malky Mackay.

Good post Ned. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Agree with those sentiments, it's great to have such an enthusiastic manager who is committed for the whole of the game. :ayatollah: