Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone on here regreting their past?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:59 am

After what happened to mikey and a few fans before him. (but mikey's untimely death has brought it on our door step) RIP Buddy.

Do anyone regret the past & repatation Cardiff City had for hooligans? I enjoyed the 70,'80's and early 90's supporting Cardiff City. the craic was great we all stand and stay together as one big family you fight one of us you fight us all. The only other place you got that was in the army. I done a few stupid things in my time but i dont regret getting involved (football violence) remember everyone was at it then every club had a hooligan element.(even Watford)

But that was the past i would'nt get involved now. unless it's to protect my family myself or mates. The supporters on this forum seem to be split. Ex Hoolies,Wannabies, shit stirrers & gooddy goodys. But it was nice to see everone pulling in the same direction and comming together over mikey's murder. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Anyone on here regreting their past?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 am

I think anyone around in the old days would yes, supporting a club like cardiff, millwall etc brings it's risks but Life is dangerous. I would not change those days. Sad times at the mo definately. I think everyone has moved on anyway the game ended late 90's.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 am

I was never a Soul Crew member or a hooli and probably fit into the Goody Goody catagory mentioned by the OP, but I do understand what he means by the extra edge to football in the 70's 80's & 90's.

It was fun in many ways going to an away game, getting pissed up, watching the match and most of all getting home alive and in one piece :D

More than once I was kicked, punched and chased at away games and on one occasion got arrested for standing my ground and defending myself which resulted in an appearance in a London Magistraites Court (BTW I got Not Guilty and defended myself in court ;) )

The only regret I have is that I didn't buy my first season ticket until the 2005/6 season and missed too many games in the 1990's due to work commitments/family.

With regard to Mikey Dye, but for the grace of God that could have been any of us. Let's be fair if I had been killed at Wembley the press could have written all kinds of things about me based on the above. The fact is in those days that was the way things were and to try and make 'news' out of it now is absolutely sickening and totally out of context.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:13 am

As EB said, you can't change the past, no matter how much you regret some things, & hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.
I just hope some good comes out of this appalling tragedy.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 pm

I regret certain things in my past but only in the way in which I should have studied more to shape my future a bit better

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:42 pm

in the 80s the game was full of lads, and there was a buzz of getting on the train
first thing sat morning and getting off in another city.

but the game has moved on, and a lot of the lads who use to away then as lads are
now supporting the club with there kids,

it was different in those days and most people knew each other as there
wasnt the numbers supporting the club then days,

Re: Anyone on here regretting their past?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:28 pm

No because my experiences have made me into the Person i am now. Some may say that is bad :lol: but i am content with myself. And where would i be if i didn't have my hatred for the Jacks being imprinted into me after i got nicked there.
As someone said above you can't change the past, but you can make your experiences mould your future. The Mirror, The Sun, and The Mail should consider that before they print the shit that they put about Mike. No one is an Angel. :ayatollah: