Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AS ANNIS HAVE SAID

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:50 am

Mikey, and I quote One of the Best Friends I Will Ever Have. Unquote .

How good are you as a mate ? Its at a sad time like this we all start to think about our friends and how good they are ,or how good we are to them .

My late Dad who also knew Annis Dad back many years ago , once ask me one night.
Roy where you off now , To my friends house I reply , Now my dad was around 6ft 4inch and was built like a Rugby player.
He was a steel worker in the Morgan mill over the BSC in Splott that's long gone now.
Come here a minute he said to me, O come on dad what you want I said, Let me tell you something he said and think hard about what Im going to tell you. Ok Ok I said come on, these were his words to me, ROY ! all through your life you will have many many acquaintanceship, But at the end of your life ,if you can lay on your death bed and say truly and mean it ,that you had a friend in life, You my son will be a very lucky man !

With that, and reading all the nice things said about Mikey I think he must have fallen into the book of best friends.
and them that knew him, was all the better for his friendship, and its very hard to replace a really true friend in this world.

I myself have been friends with a guy for over 32 years Im godfather to his son ,and he knows if he was lets say driving to Spain and he broke down, or had a problem in France on his way to Spain . He knows he could pick up the phone at 3am in the morning and call for help That I would be on my way before he puts the phone down. To stay friends with someone for over 30years in these days I think is a great thing. Also I know he would do the same for me, and we have never had a cross word in them 30 so years.

What is friendship to you ? and how much do you value it ?

Re: AS ANNIS HAVE SAID

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 am

Good thread this.

Personally I try to be the best friend I can and the thing I value most is to stand by my friend's when they are in adversity. It is easy standing by someon when they have achieved something or are popular, it is not so easy when they have fallen on hard times or have been accused of something.

It is then you prove your real metal and separate the wheat from the chaff to make the real friendships which mean something.

As for Mikey (who I didn't know) the biggest thing which has struck me is just how much his son's thought of him. For a man of his age the most important role in your life is as a father and this is a role he seem's to have excelled in.

That might sound basic, but Mike's son's and daughter are in their 20's i.e. grown up and it is then you find out just what kind of job you did bringing them up, believe me ;)