Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Mason's future?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:06 am

After watching quite of Joe Mason recently, seen as he was brought into the first team due to Gunnarsson's injury, I really hope that Malky hasn't just dropped him now that Gunnarsson is fit again and Kiss and Blake are ready to play.
From what I seen I think Mason's got a different type of quality that we could really do with in our midfield as I reckon he looked sharper there than his prefered striking role. Maybe a slight hint of a future Ramsey type player in him?
Anyone else got thoughts on where he's going to fit into MM's plans or if anyone thinks he's actually any good or not? haha

Re: Joe Mason's future?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:42 am

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:After watching quite of Joe Mason recently, seen as he was brought into the first team due to Gunnarsson's injury, I really hope that Malky hasn't just dropped him now that Gunnarsson is fit again and Kiss and Blake are ready to play.
From what I seen I think Mason's got a different type of quality that we could really do with in our midfield as I reckon he looked sharper there than his prefered striking role. Maybe a slight hint of a future Ramsey type player in him?
Anyone else got thoughts on where he's going to fit into MM's plans or if anyone thinks he's actually any good or not? haha

He's a striker not a midfield player and was played in midfield due to us being so short of bodies in that area

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:12 am

MM said he'd used him more than he'd planned already, will probs get games in the u-21 team we now have set up?

He looks a quality player though, but no need to rush.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:18 am

joe was made aware when he signed that he was brought in as a player for the future and would initially not be in the starting squad necessarily but malky seems the kind of manager to give a youngster the opportunity if theyre working hard in training and showing desire

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 am

id like to see just 1 striker up front with mason just behind ... clearly the earnshaw miller partnership dosnt work...

unless we can bring in another quality striker for two to play upfront.. but as miller and earnie are not amazing id rather see mason given a chance as he looks like he can create things..