Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best team?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Looking at the tactics Mackay is using, I'd pick this team every week.

----------------------------------Marshall----------------------------------
-McNaughton--------Hudson-------------Turner-----------------Taylor-
----------------------Gunnarrson-------------------------------------------
-Cowie----------------------------Whittingham-----------------Conway-
---------------------Earnshaw----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Gestede----------------------------------

You? :ayatollah:

Re: Best team?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 pm

With our current squad, it's the 4-2-3-1 system for me. A back 4, 2 holding midfielders and 3 attacking midfielders supporting the lone striker. My team would be:

GK Marshall
LB Taylor
CB Hudson
CB Blake
RB McNaughton
DM Kiss
DM Gunnarsson
AML Conway
AMC Whittingham
AMR Cowie
ST Miller

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Midfield general wrote:How can Kiss be named in anyones best team when he played his first few minutes for the club on Saturday..?

Because I saw him at Bournemouth and Yeovil and I can see what a good player he will be for us this season.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:How can Kiss be named in anyones best team when he played his first few minutes for the club on Saturday..?

Because I saw him at Bournemouth and Yeovil and I can see what a good player he will be for us this season.

Im sure Gavin Rae would play well against those two :lol:

Bournemouth and Yeovil are only one division lower than us. You obviously haven't seen him play as much as I have. Interesting how you decided to have a go at me for including Kiss, but not the original poster for including Turner, despite nobody ever seeing him play much either. :roll:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:19 pm

Midfield general wrote:Thanks for pointing that out as I would say the same about Turner. The guy hasn't even played!!!! :lol:

However many teams in this league are shocking so teams below them are even worse.

On the other side of the coin, over the last few seasons nearly all the teams who have got promoted from League 1 have done really well in the Championship and Norwich got successive promotions. I think this shows although League 1 is a lesser standard, it isn't a million miles off the Championship.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Thanks for pointing that out as I would say the same about Turner. The guy hasn't even played!!!! :lol:

However many teams in this league are shocking so teams below them are even worse.

On the other side of the coin, over the last few seasons nearly all the teams who have got promoted from League 1 have done really well in the Championship and Norwich got successive promotions. I think this shows although League 1 is a lesser standard, it isn't a million miles off the Championship.

The likes of Norwich more or less kept their players from the Championship season and just bounced back up. But you may have a point but the likes of Bournemouth and Yeovil are never going to be challenging.

I think there's some good teams in League 1 and some poor teams in the Championship to be honest, the only League 1 teams I can remember getting promoted and struggling in recent years are Scunthorpe and Peterborough, but that's only because they're small clubs with little fan base. Doncaster have punched above their weight for a few seasons but I think they will struggle this season after watching them Saturday.

Teams like Norwich, Leicester, Leeds, Millwall and Forest came up from League 1 and settled into the Championship comfortably. Brighton and Southampton have started very well this season and Peterborough seem better equiped to survive this time around too, although it's still early days of course.

Anyway, getting back on topic, I have included Kiss because with the very little I have seen from him so far, I have been very impressed and believe he will be a very good signing for us once he gets a proper run in the team and gains the match fitness to show what he can really do. He has a great engine and looks very comfortable on the ball.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Although i'm a big advocate of Whitts in the middle, we do lack in the wide places at the mo and i'd like to see Cowie and Miller play this roll. If we get a wideman in, stick him in and put Whitts centrally and take Kiss out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: