Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAJOR SCARE FOR CORKY TODAY

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Corky and Vince have spent the day in Doncaster at an FSF meeting, when Corky gets a phone call saying his young grandson had been rushed to hospital after falling 30 foot off a wall onto his head.

He was frantic being so far away and just waiting for any updates obviously dreading the worse, well at the mo, the lad is awake stable and under observation, a CT scan as shown a small fracture to the skull, which is no laughing matter, but it could have been so so much worse.

Don't tell the police but they are now driving home at break neck speed to see him, my god it is lucky none of us know what's coming next or we'd all be in straight jackets.

All you people out there in people land, please learn a lesson from an old man, live life to the full, enjoy every minute you can, don't take good health for granted, and for feck sake try and be nice to one another especially those closest to you.

:old:

Re: MAJOR SCARE FOR CORKY TODAY

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:56 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Corky and Vince have spent the day in Doncaster at an FSF meeting, when Corky gets a phone call saying his young grandson had been rushed to hospital after falling 30 foot off a wall onto his head.

He was frantic being so far away and just waiting for any updates obviously dreading the worse, well at the mo, the lad is awake stable and under observation, a CT scan as shown a small fracture to the skull, which is no laughing matter, but it could have been so so much worse.

Don't tell the police but they are now driving home at break neck speed to see him, my god it is lucky none of us know what's coming next or we'd all be in straight jackets.

All you people out there in people land, please learn a lesson from an old man, live life to the full, enjoy every minute you can, don't take good health for granted, and for feck sake try and be nice to one another especially those closest to you.

bugger me gwyn.... it never rains it pours being a city fan...

as you say live life to the full... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:04 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Corky and Vince have spent the day in Doncaster at an FSF meeting, when Corky gets a phone call saying his young grandson had been rushed to hospital after falling 30 foot off a wall onto his head.

Bloody hell this week is just awful, hope your Grandson gets well and makes a full recovery Corky :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Hope the young un makes a full recovery Corky :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Really hope he makes a recovery. I'm sure he will.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:28 pm

hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Just got in and that was a horrible trip home, but I am on my way up the hospital now...it was thirty feet and I can't tell you how lucky he is...he is covered in blood and bandages but alive and talking...I am being told he will get better and I prey that's true...shaking but relieved thanks for the support and thanks to Vince and his super fast driving.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Sorry too hear Corky, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Gwyn you are right mate, don't know what's around the corner.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Glad he's ok mate, hope he's back to himself quickly.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Good luck to the lad Cork's!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Best wishes from Maesteg to your grandson Corky, here's wishing him a speedy recovery :old:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:35 pm

corky wrote:Just got in and that was a horrible trip home, but I am on my way up the hospital now...it was thirty feet and I can't tell you how lucky he is...he is covered in blood and bandages but alive and talking...I am being told he will get better and I prey that's true...shaking but relieved thanks for the support and thanks to Vince and his super fast driving.

God bless him Paul, hope for a speedy recovery where he'll be back to normal and worrying you all forever.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:38 pm

As I was paying my respects at 'Mikes Gate' yesterday I had a call from a friend, letting my know that our friends dad has just died instantly whilst shopping in Tesco...heart attack. BAM! Gone. What a sad week.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Glad he is ok :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:21 pm

The little fella is doing ok ,just spoke to my sister who is his grandmother, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 pm

If his heAD IS LIKE YOURS CORKY he'll be fine. lol. joke aside i wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Thank god he had a bluebird looking after him !! Lol
Scared me a bit .... Good result

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Glad he's doin OK :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Best Wishes for a full recovery Mate :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:19 am

best wishes to the little lad and a speedy recovery.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 am

Hope he recovers Corky, god that could of been a lot worse but thankfully not!!!

Best wishes to him.
Get well soon.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:26 am

The welfare of my family has aged me more than anything else I know-good luck to you and yours :ayatollah:
Last edited by Sneggyblubird on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:26 am

best wishes to your grandson speedy recovery :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks everyone, the fall was over 25 feet but he may have landed on grass rather than the main road...fears were for his neck and back but he may have an hairline fracture to his head and he has got a nasty wound that needs an operation at 1.30...but its a miracle really...and we are so lucky that he is going to be ok.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 pm

You are right there Gwyn !

I came home from the Azerbaigan game three years with a bad headache, four days later they told me my transplanted kidney was failing, six months later I was back on dialysis and have been ever since, didn't see that coming, especially with a baby on the way !

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:18 pm

I try never to argue with my loved one's when I leave the house (difficult sometimes) for work or going to the game etc, the events these last 7 days just go to show you can't gaurantee that you'll see one another again, always tell your Mrs and kids you love them before you go to sleep as well, because you never know.

Best wishes to your boy Corky hope everything turns out OK.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 pm

God forbid Corky, hope the lad is ok.