Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THAT b*stard CHARGED ONLY WITH MANSLAUGUGHTER ughter

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Bluebeetle wrote:There are a lot of barrack room lawyers on here tonight.
You do not have to intend to kill someone to be guilty of murder as many of you mistakenly believe.
In short, if the prosecution can prove that you intended to cause really serious bodily harm and the victim dies, then you are guilty of murder. If the accounts which are on here are true, namely that Mike Dye was hit over the back of the head with a blunt instrument, and that the injury inflicted ultimately caused his death, then murder is the correct charge.
Manslaughter can be a "fallback" so if the prosecution believe that they have any chance at all of proving murder then they will charge the accused with murder. I suspect that all the evidence has been very carefully considered and that the Crown Prosecution Service are satisfied that the evidence is simply not there to prove murder.

That is right, that is what I try to point out , Manslaughter / Murder is such a fine line. and as I have said a good prosecutor could make a case for Murder .

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:07 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Anyone with any kind of a brain would say ,if you are going to hit someone , with or without, a blunt instrument you must be aware that a blow to the head could or would or may result in death . which again is Murder .

Correct. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't quite as simple as that and, as is so often the case, we have been misinformed as to exactly what happened.

Re: THAT b*stard CHARGED ONLY WITH MANSLAUGHTER

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Who has said he was hit with a blunt instrument? Blunt force trauma was COD, which means a hard blow with a non sharp object.....ie) a fist

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:36 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
carpet20 wrote:i do feel somme of you might be letting your emotions get to you here. as stated above it was always going to be manslaughter.

lets hope they do come down on him hard, because he was obviously looking for trouble being by the wales turnstile.

however he dident go out wanting to kill anyone, many of you on here have proberly thrown a punch at a football game, and have friends who might have been sent down for throwing a punch at chelsea. And were very critical of there sentances - now any any of those people could have hit someone who landed and banged ther head triggering a heart attack or brain hemridge. it is a horrible thing to happen granted.

anyway a poster said above manslaughter can still carry life inside, so there is still a possibility he can get a severe sentance.

Like you said if he was by the Wales Turnstile ,then he was looking for trouble, that in its self is intent ,and if he has intent then it that intent results in a action of violence , that in turn results in the death of a human ,then that is Murder.

So what about our fans who have gone looking for trouble at home and away games they are also looking for trouble and as said above i'm sure a few people posting on here have got into a scuffle or two in their lives at no point during that fight have most people wanted too or meant to try and 'kill' the other person and whilst my view is this individual or individuals are scum, cowards and nothing more than thugs I'm sure as other people have stated they didn't intend to kill Mr Dye, however through his/their actions they did sadly cause Mike injuries from which he has died from.. Thats manslaughter and not murder. Again that said I sincerely hope that Mr Dye's family get the true facts what happened outside Wembley and also the Justice they deserve..

R.I .P Mr Mike Dye :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 am

Anyone that goes out looking for trouble and then inflicts injury on someone has no real control over the the injury they have inflicted and if someone dies as a result of that Injury that they have intentionally gone out to inflict that to me is Murder.
As they should be aware of any kind of injury especially to the head could very lightly result in death . There for it would have been premeditated.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 am

welshcitydragon wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Did the accused stand by the turnstile and say to himself "im going to kill someone" i highly doubt it, therefore it cannot be murder. Should he get the maximum sentence for manslaughter, yes, which is life. Welshcitydragon i know you dont lack intelligence, so stop acting like you do

You do not have to say Im going to kill some one for it to be murder for god sake, its the action its self. As I have said , if you hit a man had he falls and hits his head on the floor and dies , yes that is Manslaughter, But if you hit a person and he falls to the floor and you then follow it up with more kicks or punches that Results in his or her death , then that is Murder , by its own definition , as the first punch has unable him, and he now course not threat to you , and you follow it up with the killer blow that is premeditated as you had time to think about it while he is unable on the floor . If there is anyone that shows a lack of Intelligence its you for not understanding the difference between M & M .

Unless there is evidence that there was 'intent' to murder before the first punch was thrown, then it is almost impossible to prove murder and what we don't want is this tw*t going to court and getting a not guilty verdict.

However, what you discribe above is Voluntary Manslaughter which is the more serious of the two Manslaughter charges (Voluntary/Involuntary) and that should be reflected in the sentencing if the accused is convicted.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:19 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Did he get kicked an punched on the floor? First I've heard of that. Is only read it was a single blow to the back of the head.

post mortom said "blunt force trauma to the back of the head, caused by a single blow"

SO was that the only blow ? or was there blows before that killer blow .

no idea, i didnt perform the post mortom? either way, its manslaughter......as i posted the definitions above

CraigCCFC wrote:Who has said he was hit with a blunt instrument? Blunt force trauma was COD, which means a hard blow with a non sharp object.....ie) a fist

Or, he got punched, was knocked out, and cracked his head on the ground when he fell.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Maybe...

Some very good friends and family of Mikey might be reading these comments

So maybe....

this thread should end now eh lads

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 am

I appreciate emotions are very high at the moment but those calling for (or expecting) a long/ life sentence may unfortunately be disappointed.

http://villageonline.co.uk/village/news ... oved_fatal

The above is a link to a very similar case which happened near to where I live - single punch - bloke died. Sentence? 28 months - he'll only serve 2/3 of that as he pleaded guilty.

I wld be surprised if, assuming the accused is found guilty, the sentence is longer than 3 yrs - and remember all the time he is in prison on remand while the trial is put together will come off his sentence as 'time served'.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 pm

In all fairness lads it is man slatter,the guy got in to a punch up and that's that.gows to show how very lucky and brittle we are.
How many lads have been involved with hoolaginisam on this board over the years.
I have done some bad things over the years but I ain't a bad person,its all to do with the heat of the moment.
I never wanted to kill anyone but when I think of it I'm lucky I didn't,or be killed my self,as I have had a few tunnings over the years and bricks and other things to the head.
Its all f*cking bollox and glad them days are gone,thers a guy who as lost his life here and is family have to try and get over it,but allso ther another guy who as lost is freedome and future,plus allso his family will suffer if they have s mortgage that he pay for..its sad all around and many lads on here and every other club who,s lads grew up in the 60,70,80 need to stop and think just how lucky they are that they are not on eather end of this tragedy.guy has lost is life and another his future,all because of a disagreement,and both famillys will suffer in diffrent ways.Not worth it and if the hatred for each other can be sorted after this then the guy did not die for nothing..

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:07 pm

Death from a punch is manslaughter. Simple as that.