Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'D LIKE TO DISLIKE BRENDAN ROGERS

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:27 pm

But I really can't, aside from managing our rivals (Bristol City,who) he really comes over as a decent chap and a fan's manager, he has achieved wonders with a very limited budget and always acknowledges the fans and treats the press with dignity and honesty, sounds like someone we used to know (NOT)

I hope, or rather I know after recent events, our fans will treat the sad loss of his father with the sympathy and courteousness it deserves.

People that know me will know my history with the Jerks ( my God I'm married to one, punishment enough, na she great honest Guv) And I never want to be best friends with the mushers,but I also celebrate the rivalry, banter and passion that is important to fans of both clubs, but I hope recent events lead to a cooling down of bad feeling and a slightly improved common sense attitude.

Football fans from other club aren't the enemy, we are all part of a section in society that is still made up of real people. :old:

Re: I'D LIKE TO DISLIKE BRENDAN ROGERS

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:31 pm

We can also be our own worst enemies Gwyn, I must be going soft as I quite like Rogders & The waiter.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Well said mate. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:32 pm

BigGwynram wrote:But I really can't, aside from managing our rivals (Bristol City,who) he really comes over as a decent chap and a fan's manager, he has achieved wonders with a very limited budget and always acknowledges the fans and treats the press with dignity and honesty, sounds like someone we used to know (NOT)

I hope, or rather I know after recent events, our fans will treat the sad loss of his father with the sympathy and courteousness it deserves.

People that know me will know my history with the Jerks ( my God I'm married to one, punishment enough, na she great honest Guv) And I never want to be best friends with the mushers,but I also celebrate the rivalry, banter and passion that is important to fans of both clubs, but I hope recent events lead to a cooling down of bad feeling and a slightly improved common sense attitude.

Football fans from other club aren't the enemy, we are all part of a section in society that is still made up of real people. :old:

Good post Gwyn. He seems like a decent bloke and i was glad that we all applauded him yesterday. Off the pitch he has had a horrific 12 months losing both parents at relatively young ages (i can only imagine what he is going through as i'm lucky that both my parents are healthy in their late 60s).

Nice to meet you yesterday mate-you should be really proud of yourself for your excellent work in raising the cash in memory of Mikey D.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:34 pm

BigGwynram wrote:But I really can't, aside from managing our rivals (Bristol City,who) he really comes over as a decent chap and a fan's manager, he has achieved wonders with a very limited budget and always acknowledges the fans and treats the press with dignity and honesty, sounds like someone we used to know (NOT)

I'll never forget that story Beefy told me the time of the FA Cup at The Wretch 1984ish when you wheeled him into the Jacks, my memory aint that great so excuse the year. I still cry laughing at the image.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:36 pm

He aint as good as Malky and time will show this :ayatollah:

Though i may add, their choice of managers in both Martinez and Rodgers were good appointments.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:He aint as good as Malky and time will show this :ayatollah:

Though i may add, their choice of managers in both Martinez and Rodgers were good appointments.

Personally i preferred Kevin Cullis and Nick Cusack. Sousa was doing a good job as well before Leicester poached him....

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:He aint as good as Malky and time will show this :ayatollah:

Personally i preferred Kevin Cullis and Nick Cusack. Sousa was doing a good job as well before Leicester poached him....

Yep, Huw the spew did choose wisely and keep their passing ethos.

But they still have the football version of penile disfunction, they can fluff around with all the foreplay....but can't penetrate

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Brendan Rogers had a taste of the Sousa bitterness in his mouth when he said apart from the Craig Bellamy wonder goal Cardiff didn't look like they were in control of the game or even going to win it.

Brendan must of been watching a totally different game to Cardiff last season when we beat them 1-0 as we were in control for most of the game.

No thanks, Swansea can keep there Brendan Rogers. Nothing personal, but i'm not a big fan, rival manager or not.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:29 pm

The man goes through me.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:41 am

2blue2handle wrote:The man goes through me.

I hope that's not from behind or do you prefer the standard missionary position.? :lol:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:51 am

At the time of his appointment I was delighted as he had been a failure at Reading and not much better at Watford.

What did I know? He took the Barstards up for which he should be congratulated.

You could argue that the ground work had been laid by Martinez and Sousa but Rogers did add the final touches by using his Chelsea contacts well.

Obviously from my perspective he is missing one thing from his CV, a relegation from the Premiership ;)

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:24 am

Excellent bloke, great manager.

Deserves a lot of respect, and he's one of the only things I like about SCFC.

Agree with you Gwyn, about the rivalry needing to cool down.

Saying that, I may have a different opinion when we next play them :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:The man goes through me.

dont most men :o :oops:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 am

:oops:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:05 pm

See, this is the problem with football for me.

People dislike their rivals because they think they should, not because there's any good reason other than those caused by the fact that the two sides think they should dislike each other.

It's stupid.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Disliked him at Reading and Watford, just has a face I'd like to punch.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:38 pm

What I can't understand is you keep on about the way we play and not much action up front,,am I missing somthing here but as that system taken us to the prem??I might add before you.
And allso wales have adopted the same system I see?and allso when wales were playing it about the back and midfield ther were crys off hoolay,,,and seeing wales is mostly supported by cardiff fans,I find that weird,or dare I say most fans ther were jacks who enjoyed the passing game,,to be honest was very much like watching the swans..

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:37 pm

swansealad69 wrote:What I can't understand is you keep on about the way we play and not much action up front,,am I missing somthing here but as that system taken us to the prem??I might add before you.
And allso wales have adopted the same system I see?and allso when wales were playing it about the back and midfield ther were crys off hoolay,,,and seeing wales is mostly supported by cardiff fans,I find that weird,or dare I say most fans ther were jacks who enjoyed the passing game,,to be honest was very much like watching the swans..

Yeah but atleast Wales can score :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Easyer to score in internationals then the prem.[code][/code]