Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Potato Head The Quadrant Manager

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:24 pm

He had a line of about 15 stewards to sheperd the smokers in an orderly fashion for their half time smoke.

They all thought they were doing a really important service :lol:

It's getting like a Kindergarten down there now.

Re: Potato Head The Quadrant Manager

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:29 pm

we should all have a demo in 2 weeks and light all our farts in syncronisation

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:He had a line of about 15 stewards to sheperd the smokers in an orderly fashion for their half time smoke.

They all thought they were doing a really important service :lol:

It's getting like a Kindergarten down there now.

What part of the ground is that as the one in the family end is so far up his own arse, runs about full of his own self importance with his little ear piece in .. thinks he's feckin kevin Costner in the Body Guard ff's..!!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Stewards are getting more and more power its getting scary remember the days when we used to respect the stewards for the job they did now they just Robocop wannabees :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Do other clubs even let smokers out?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Do other clubs even let smokers out?

A lot of them turn a sensible blind eye

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:16 pm

As in let them smoke in the toilet? Ive seen that happen away plenty of times (not the nicest for non smokers mind)

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Do other clubs even let smokers out?

no a lot of clubs dont and we are not required to let you out of the ground for a smoke, I maybe wrong but I think its only Coventry and Cardiff from the grounds ive been to, Millwall let the smokers out when we went to the new den, but that was only because we let their fans out at half time when they came to the ccs

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:34 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Stewards are getting more and more power its getting scary remember the days when we used to respect the stewards for the job they did now they just Robocop wannabees :ayatollah:

to be perfectly honest ive always been respected as a steward i treat people with respect and i get treated with respect, but there is an element of our fans who just keep pushing and pushing, its not good enough that we let you out for a fag they would rather smoke in the concourse, its not good enough that the ground allows standing in one section of the ground they should be allowed to stand wherever they want.
Like it or not smoking in a stadium is illegal, its not a rule we made up, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW
Like it or not persistent standing at a football match is illegal, its not a rule we made up, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW
both these crimes incur huge fines that the club have to pay which ultimately the fans will pay through tickets, season tickets and merchandise by increasing the price on these things.
The club doesnt have to let you out of the ground at half time to smoke its a privilege not a right
The club doesnt have to give you a standing section it could insist the whole ground has to sit standing in the Canton Stand is a privilege not a right.
The club does this to keep fans happy and to prevent problems and make supporters and stewards live easier, so you can enjoy the game and stewards can concentrate on more important things.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:39 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:Stewards are getting more and more power its getting scary remember the days when we used to respect the stewards for the job they did now they just Robocop wannabees :ayatollah:

to be perfectly honest ive always been respected as a steward i treat people with respect and i get treated with respect, but there is an element of our fans who just keep pushing and pushing, its not good enough that we let you out for a fag they would rather smoke in the concourse, its not good enough that the ground allows standing in one section of the ground they should be allowed to stand wherever they want.
Like it or not smoking in a stadium is illegal, its not a rule we made up, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW
Like it or not persistent standing at a football match is illegal, its not a rule we made up, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW
both these crimes incur huge fines that the club have to pay which ultimately the fans will pay through tickets, season tickets and merchandise by increasing the price on these things.
The club doesnt have to let you out of the ground at half time to smoke its a privilege not a right
The club doesnt have to give you a standing section it could insist the whole ground has to sit standing in the Canton Stand is a privilege not a right.
The club does this to keep fans happy and to prevent problems and make supporters and stewards live easier, so you can enjoy the game and stewards can concentrate on more important things.

The club only let smokers out because they know people will smoke inside the stadium otherwise.
This would add to extra cleaning inside the ground.
people will smoke regardless in such a large area and if they banned the smokers then season ticket sales would fall and the grounds would end up like the pubs....empty.
I know loads of fans that will not go to the stadium because of the restrictions.
If these were lifted we'd hit 30k a game if the stadium was big enough.
but rules is rules and stewards will put their life on the line for the cause..... :D

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:39 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

totally agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
At the end of the day as with all jobs you will get some good ones and some knob heads but most of them are just doing a job they have been told to do. I doubt the pay is massive but at least these people are working and making a living for themselves.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

The club only let smokers out because they know people will smoke inside the stadium otherwise.
This would add to extra cleaning inside the ground.
people will smoke regardless in such a large area and if they banned the smokers then season ticket sales would fall and the grounds would end up like the pubs....empty.
I know loads of fans that will not go to the stadium because of the restrictions.
If these were lifted we'd hit 30k a game if the stadium was big enough.
but rules is rules and stewards will put their life on the line for the cause..... :D

and you may joke but this job does carry its risks, dont forget what birmingham did to our stewards in ninian park and the broken bones and concussions ive seen stewards get keeping supporters safe over the years
and as for deaths weve been very lucky across the country there has only been one death of a steward at a match in recent years but the risks are there