Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 270 fans

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 am

I thought that the overall attendance was higher than the 21863 that was announced.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 am

Hello chaps, first post

Brighton away following isn't bad for a midweek game, but Bristols is awful as only down the road.

Then who am i to talk, we (Millwall) only took 76 to your hated rivals for a midweek League Cup game one season. :o

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:16 am

The core of the away fans mentioned in all fairness the Bristol game was on tv and them carrot crunching fucks are tighter than a ducks arse with money , Huddersfield was on a Tuesday night , we compare away fans to our away following which in my opinion is the best in the league because we take so many away we expect the same to come to us :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am

mj77 wrote:Hello chaps, first post

Brighton away following isn't bad for a midweek game, but Bristols is awful as only down the road.

Then who am i to talk, we (Millwall) only took 76 to your hated rivals for a midweek League Cup game one season. :o

Welcome on board Mj77 Millwall :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:29 am

I thought there was less than that!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:The core of the away fans mentioned in all fairness the Bristol game was on tv and them carrot crunching fucks are tighter than a ducks arse with money , Huddersfield was on a Tuesday night , we compare away fans to our away following which in my opinion is the best in the league because we take so many away we expect the same to come to us :ayatollah:

Leeds have the best away support in the division. Huge numbers almost everywhere.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:04 am

Warrior wrote:There were about 270 Doncaster fans there yesterday according to the stewards, I thought more away fans would start coming to our new stadium.

This season so far

Bristol C brought 695 fans
Brighton 739 fans
Huddersfield T 321 fans
Doncaster R 270 fans

Poor turnout by Donny but they are a small club not playing very well and also the St Ledger horse race was on at Doncaster yesterday which is a huge event up there.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:17 am

mj77 wrote:Then who am i to talk, we (Millwall) only took 76 to your hated rivals for a midweek League Cup game one season. :o

Understandable, I'd heard Tetanus shot stocks were low in London...

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:55 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:The core of the away fans mentioned in all fairness the Bristol game was on tv and them carrot crunching fucks are tighter than a ducks arse with money , Huddersfield was on a Tuesday night , we compare away fans to our away following which in my opinion is the best in the league because we take so many away we expect the same to come to us :ayatollah:

Bristol wasn't on TV.

League Cup midweek gates aren't anything to gauge on. Brighton's reasonable for midweek and Doncaster don't have a huge support and have been shit this season.

What's our travelling numbers so far?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm

I think you need to carefully study ALL of our away support figures at every game over the last few seasons. I think you will be surprised that our following at some away games has been just as small as most other clubs. Yes we do get games with a good away following but this is not every game. Don't go setting your self up for other clubs fans to respond by making out our support is big at every away game.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:09 pm

didn't Scunthorpe bring like 60 fans last season? :lol:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Bluebird4Ever wrote:didn't Scunthorpe bring like 60 fans last season? :lol:

they were the hardcore support fair play going down and you still travel all that way i have respect for fans like that :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:50 pm

PtB wrote:

Bristol wasn't on TV.

League Cup midweek gates aren't anything to gauge on. Brighton's reasonable for midweek and Doncaster don't have a huge support and have been shit this season.

What's our travelling numbers so far?

450 to Burnley
790 to Oxford
980 to Wet Spam
1800 to Pompey

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:45 pm

west spam restrictions pompey tells its own story much better and i bet we will have a good away following at Blackpool , Burnley hardly anybody wanted to go because we played themn last game of the regular season last year :ayatollah: oh and its a shithole :lol:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:57 pm

That's wot pisses me off u look at our average away attendances knowin that they'd be so much higher if it were not for the stupid allocations we get given eg 1200 west ham yes theres no gettin away from that fact that leeds have the best away followin but then again they always get the full allocation unlike us, which is bizarre

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Fairplay to the 270 I say. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: