Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Man Now Charged "

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:17 am

The man arrested has now been charged and us to appear in court tomorrow with manslaugter. Let's hope he gets what he deserves if found guilty

11 September 2011

Michael Dye death: Man charged with manslaughter

Michael Dye was a mason with Cardiff City council
A 41-year-old man has been charged with manslaughter following the death of a Wales and Cardiff supporter found injured outside Wembley Stadium.

Michael Dye, 44, suffered head injuries before Tuesday's England v Wales Euro 2012 qualifier and died in hospital.

The unnamed man, who had been arrested in Worcestershire on Friday, was charged by detectives on Saturday night, Scotland Yard said.

He is being held in custody and will appear in court on Monday.

Mr Dye was found injured near Gate C of the north-west London stadium before the match against England.

He was taken to Northwick Park Hospital where he later died. A post-mortem examination showed the cause of death to be blunt trauma to the back of the head.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said the arrested man was being held at a West Mercia police station.

"We have been informed that a 41-year-old man has been charged with manslaughter following the death of Micheal Dye," he said.

"We are awaiting confirmation of his details and where he will be appearing in court on Monday."

Six men initially arrested over the death of Mr Dye have been released without charge, he added.

Mr Dye was a mason with Cardiff City Council and was married with three children.

Players and fans paid tribute to him by holding a minute's applause before Saturday's Cardiff City home game against Doncaster. Both teams also wore black arm bands.

Mr Dye's family were guests of Cardiff City Football Club, of which he had been an avid supporter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14 ... um=twitter

Re: Man now charged

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:02 am

Just read on sky news. Quick action after arrest yesterday, let's hope justice is properly served

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:13 am

Excuse me ?.........................................MANSLAUGHTER why? SHOULD BE MURDER surely.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:19 am

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Excuse me ?.........................................MANSLAUGHTER why? SHOULD BE MURDER surely.

unfortunatley thats now how the law works mate :(

i remember a few years back someone in caerphilly punched a fireman and he hit his head on the floor and died ! the person who done it got sentenced to two years in prison for manslaughter and served half which resulted in him getting released after 12 months :shock:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 am

ristey1927 wrote:
BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Excuse me ?.........................................MANSLAUGHTER why? SHOULD BE MURDER surely.

unfortunatley thats now how the law works mate :(

i remember a few years back someone in caerphilly punched a fireman and he hit his head on the floor and died ! the person who done it got sentenced to two years in prison for manslaughter and served half which resulted in him getting released after 12 months :shock:

I maybe wrong but didn't some of the lads get upto 4 years in the cardiff v chelsea court appearences?If so,the person responsible for killing mikey dye should in my opinion have the book chucked at him.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 am

Manslaughter??? :o If he is found guilty it should be for murder, our justice system is f*cking shit, how the f**k can they constitute manslaughter, Mikey was murdered and the culprit has to pay. I'm so angry :evil:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:24 am

He'll be out before the Tottenham rioters. His ban will be longer than his sentence. British justice is a joke.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:27 am

Unfortunately I remember the Fireman case in Caerphilly it came under the "Single Punch" manslaughter sentancing guidelines and I hope to god the Judge CPS make sure they argue reckless manslaughter here.

It will sicken me to the core if this guy gets off on this Single punch guideline. :x :x :x :x

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:29 am

Lets now see how the Media deal with this, as he is Def not a Welsh Fan.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 am

makes me f***ing sick :evil:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:Lets now see how the Media deal with this, as he is Def not a Welsh Fan.

Annis what will happen tomorrow is that the moment this man is charged the whole thing will come under "Sub Judice" and the media will only be allowed to report the basic facts.

This is the crazy side of law and the guilty person is offered more protection than the victim, the tabloid media carried out an act of character assassination on an innocent man the victim of unprovoked violence, but there is nothing in law to stop them doing it.

It's a disgrace that the guilty will get more protection than the victim. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:56 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Lets now see how the Media deal with this, as he is Def not a Welsh Fan.

Annis what will happen tomorrow is that the moment this man is charged the whole thing will come under "Sub Judice" and the media will only be allowed to report the basic facts.

This is the crazy side of law and the guilty person is offered more protection than the victim, the tabloid media carried out an act of character assassination on an innocent man the victim of unprovoked violence, but there is nothing in law to stop them doing it.

It's a disgrace that the guilty will get more protection than the victim. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gary, I totally agree, very wrong, really nice to meet you and your Grandson yesterday.

Re: " Man Now Charged "

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:02 am

The accused can't be charged with murder as he probably never set out to kill Mike. Murder in this country has to be pre-meditated, manslaughter is the right charge as he meant to hurt mike but not kill him. However the punishment for manslaughter is a f*cking joke and should be 15 yrs minimum and murder should be life no parole. The guilty man must live with this the rest of his life and i hope it eats him alive because im not sure i could live with myself if i were him. The real victims in this are Mike, his family and no prison sentence acts as any sort of consolation :( on a lesser note the guilty party's family have to live with what their family member has done, which IMO makes them victims of this thugs actions aswell :x

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:13 am

Same thing happened in Tremorfa a few years ago - Someone punched a guy once, he fell to the ground and hit his head on the curb. Because the punch didn't deliver the fatal blow, he got 2 years in prison (served 12 months because the justice system is shit).

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:29 am

Blow to the back of the head? Sounds like a very brave man hitting someone from behind. :roll:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 am

CraigCCFC wrote:The accused can't be charged with murder as he probably never set out to kill Mike. Murder in this country has to be pre-meditated, manslaughter is the right charge as he meant to hurt mike but not kill him. However the punishment for manslaughter is a f*cking joke and should be 15 yrs minimum and murder should be life no parole. The guilty man must live with this the rest of his life and i hope it eats him alive because im not sure i could live with myself if i were him. The real victims in this are Mike, his family and no prison sentence acts as any sort of consolation :( on a lesser note the guilty party's family have to live with what their family member has done, which IMO makes them victims of this thugs actions aswell :x

Totally agree. He didn't mean to kill Mikey. But 12 months for someone's life would be a joke.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:28 am

I would like to point out that I have removed 2 posts from this thread - for the protection of the user. Just incase anybody moans where there post is gone. It is for your own protection. You know what the media are like. :roll:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:00 am

Merlin wrote:I would like to point out that I have removed 2 posts from this thread - for the protection of the user. Just incase anybody moans where there post is gone. It is for your own protection. You know what the media are like. :roll:

good call. don't need nothing else for them to write about :ayatollah:
and as you rightly say it is for there own protection ;)

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:28 am

In a criminal court you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that someone intended to murder someone before getting a conviction.

Unfortunatley it would be almost impossible to prove that the man from Wocertershire set out to murder Mikey Dye, unless of course he admitted it, which being honest is not going to happen.

However, there seems to be a clear case of Manslaughter, i.e. the actions of this man lead to the unintentional death of MD. Manslaughter carries a maximum sentence of life, so if this man is found guilty and gets for example a 2 year sentence, then it is the sentencing which is wrong, not the charges brought against him.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:33 am

Merlin wrote:I would like to point out that I have removed 2 posts from this thread - for the protection of the user. Just incase anybody moans where there post is gone. It is for your own protection. You know what the media are like. :roll:

Well done Merlin. I pointed out in one of mine that was removed that people should mindful of what they say.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:34 am

Zabier wrote:Blow to the back of the head? Sounds like a very brave man hitting someone from behind. :roll:

Fully agree total coward and thug ... this is not football related in anyway this is just a violent bully just like most 'footy hooligans' who use the guise of football to perpetrate their violence.. f*cking pathetic. But this also relates to some of our so called 'Fans' ... so lets not forget unfortunately our Club has some fucktards associated with it.. :(

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:55 am

I dont understand the cowardly way in which the attacked happened with a punch to the back of the head, sickening and I hope the judge see's it that way.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:11 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:I dont understand the cowardly way in which the attacked happened with a punch to the back of the head, sickening and I hope the judge see's it that way.

But was it a punch or when he hit the floor that did it. It's horrible to think about but until all of the facts are released it's unfair to speculate.

RIP Mikey.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Would be interesting if the CPS proceed on a Racially motivated attack - which would indeed carry more significance when it came to sentencing - if he is found guilty that is!!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:41 pm

This is a football related crime and maybe the sentence will be increased due to this?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Howey1927 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I dont understand the cowardly way in which the attacked happened with a punch to the back of the head, sickening and I hope the judge see's it that way.

But was it a punch or when he hit the floor that did it. It's horrible to think about but until all of the facts are released it's unfair to speculate.

RIP Mikey.

Appreciated, still cowardly whichever way you look at it.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:30 pm

It was always going to be manslaughter but I hope they throw the book at him and give him the maximum jail sentence possible.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:26 pm

The fact that he hid from what he done makes it a lot worse. Lets hope they are not leniant and throw the book at him and charge him as a football related crime, and double his sentence.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:48 pm

greetings from China.

HANG THE c**t.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Daya wrote:greetings from China.

HANG THE c**t.

Hello Daya, Hope your having a nice time.