Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Respect to Swans fans

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:39 am

It's taken me a while to write anything on this but I have to say I have been proud to see all the messages of support from Swansea fans for the family, friends of Mikey Dye and also to all of our fans. I would just like to say a huge thank you to all you Swans fans who sent messages of sympathy and condolence. Even the planet swans forum was full of messages of sympathy. You guys have gone right up in my estimation, I would also like to give my sympathy to Brendan Rogers and all his family on his sad loss too. I know there will always be rivalry between our 2 clubs but this sad time has hopefully brought us just that little bit closer. Life is too short for harbouring emotions like animosity and hate. We may still be rivals but let it be a friendly rivalry. I must say the club have been fantastic too in their handling of this very sad situation. And a big thank you to all the fans who were there today and those who could not attend, it was a very emotional occasion and I would just like to thank everyone who has contributed to the fundraising organised by some fantastic people. A huge thank you to each and everyone of you!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Respect to Swans fans

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:45 am

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:It's taken me a while to write anything on this but I have to say I have been proud to see all the messages of support from Swansea fans for the family, friends of Mikey Dye and also to all of our fans. I would just like to say a huge thank you to all you Swans fans who sent messages of sympathy and condolence. Even the planet swans forum was full of messages of sympathy. You guys have gone right up in my estimation, I would also like to give my sympathy to Brendan Rogers and all his family on his sad loss too. I know there will always be rivalry between our 2 clubs but this sad time has hopefully brought us just that little bit closer. Life is too short for harbouring emotions like animosity and hate. We may still be rivals but let it be a friendly rivalry. I must say the club have been fantastic too in their handling of this very sad situation. And a big thank you to all the fans who were there today and those who could not attend, it was a very emotional occasion and I would just like to thank everyone who has contributed to the fundraising organised by some fantastic people. A huge thank you to each and everyone of you!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree, the media thought they could make it worse between us, in fact its had the opposite affect. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Fair play to you-
respect works both ways so hats off to you.
Don't get me wrong it's good to have rivalry in football but in a good way.
Never should the line be crossed with comments or jibes about the unfortunate.
I hope some good comes out of this not just for welsh football but for football in general-
it's just a shame someone loses a life that makes us all aware.
So hopefully it will make us all think in the future,
I'm not the best at putting things in writing but i'm sure you know what i mean.
I hope you all raised a glass or ten. ;)

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:45 pm

colours wrote:Fair play to you-
I hope some good comes out of this not just for welsh football but for football in general-
I'm not the best at putting things in writing but i'm sure you know what i mean.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: well put 'c' :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 pm

colours wrote:Fair play to you-

Great comment. In the past i have been way ott in my 'hatred' for the jacks. In reality we are just 2 football teams. I want my team to win i want your team to lose (unless you are playing the scousers and Bristol City).

As you say it is sad that it takes a death to change feelings.

The tributes to Mikey Dye brought tears to my eyes. The silence at the gates despite the huge volume of people was very eerie. Seeing the flowers and shirts and reading the comments on some was very humbling. The way that Ali on the tannoy spoke about Mikey and also Malarchy Rodgers was touching and he should be given huge credit for his kind words.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Long may this improved state of connection continue.

We are Welsh and would be great to stick together more often.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:12 pm

SCFC sending a personal message and so on to Nat and her family hit me hard. Humbled.