Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Kenny Miller

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Midfield general wrote:Would improve even more if he had a 'Kris Boyd' type figure in the team to work off. Hense why he scored so many goals at Rangers during his time there.

From what I've read it was more the other way around.

Miller did the running around whilst Boyd scored a lot of the goals. Miller did score goals himself but it is noticeable that his best return came last season when Boyd wasn't there. (21 goals in 19 games)

Boyd is renowned for not being a great team player. Not the sort of player you work off

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Would improve even more if he had a 'Kris Boyd' type figure in the team to work off. Hense why he scored so many goals at Rangers during his time there.

From what I've read it was more the other way around.

Miller did the running around whilst Boyd scored a lot of the goals. Miller did score goals himself but it is noticeable that his best return came last season when Boyd wasn't there. (21 goals in 19 games)

Boyd is renowned for not being a great team player. Not the sort of player you work off

Please note that I said a Boyd type figure meaning that a big man playing with him. The season before last didn't he have Jelavic with him who's 6ft 2 ?

That's not how it came across. You certainly implied that Boyd was the sort of striker who provided lots of goals for his team mates.

And it's only any use a big man playing with him if that man can hold the ball up and actually set up chances

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Midfield general wrote: apologise if it didn't come across like that but I have mentioned very similar postings about the issue of having two small strikers up front in the past. I am of the opinion that in this league you need a big man/little man combination and its that kind of combination which give Millar such good goalscoring numbers previously.

Don't disagree with you that a big man at little man is probably the best combination, as long as the big man can hold the ball up and bring tyhe other striker and the mid field into play. And score his fair share too ideally.

Two small men can work but I think you have to play diferently and more intelligently to make it work whereas with a big man who has a good first touch you always hav the option of banging it up to him and relying on his strength to ewin you the ball.

Incidentally I think some on here are writing Miller off far too early.

Yes he may not have pulled up any trees or scored a hatful yet but we seem to be treating him with the same sort of short termism that many fans ( not just city fans) seem to treat their playesr with. If they don't hit the ground running and score hatfuls immediately they get written off.

The comparison with Eddie Johnson earlier in the thread was pretty ridiculous.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 am

Clueless.com

Miller is drifting and dropping and letting Earnshaw get in the box.
Miller is going to come good but at the moment is playing way out
of position. He is a far better player than Earnshaw

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 am

taffyapple wrote:Clueless.com

Miller is drifting and dropping and letting Earnshaw get in the box.
Miller is going to come good but at the moment is playing way out
of position. He is a far better player than Earnshaw

totally agree!!

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 am

TA talking sense.

QTARD still talking shite.

Miller is the best striker in this league.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Very unselfish player Miller he was never like that at Rangers..

Needs to be more selfish like when he took his goal at West Ham! :ayatollah: