Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenny Miller

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Improved massively today, was looking like a poor signing but if he continues to put the work-rate he put into today's game into every other game I can see the Earnie/Miller partnership working out.

With patience, he'll come good. ;)

Re: Kenny Miller

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:09 pm

he was involved in both goals today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Glad you think he's improved.. TBH i still think he's pants and his touch today was abysmal, but each to their own...!!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Midfield general wrote:Would improve even more if he had a 'Kris Boyd' type figure in the team to work off. Hense why he scored so many goals at Rangers during his time there.

and the fact the SPL is shit ...!!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:22 pm

he was awful for majority of today. miller \ earnshaw hopefully only a temp partnership need another forward asap to play alongside miller

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Thought it was his best game (that I've seen). Some moments of decent quality.
Is say a 5 or 6 out of 10

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm sorry to disagree, and this is my opinion but I think we have wasted alot of much needed money on Miller..... I expected more from him sooner, and today he was poor again!

Everytime Ruudy gets introduced into our games he makes an immediate impact so I just can't see why Malky isn't starting him. I just hope Malky isn't playing miller all the time just to justify to us fans why he bought him.

We need height and strength up top as we already have earnie....

Rant over :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:36 pm

If miller was bad what was earnie? He took his goal well but other than that he was awful, first touch was shite, passing was shite and looks like he's lost 2 yards of pace. Miller and Rudy should start the next game.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Agree. For me Earnie is a backup player and need a another forward to bring the best out of miller. Ruudy is a great impact player but might have to start soon

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:00 am

millers awareness and team play is 5 times better than earnie whose starting to look fatter and slower than me.
all we need is a target player like gestede to play a few full games with miller then i think we will see what he can do

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:03 am

CCFC1990 wrote:If miller was bad what was earnie? He took his goal well but other than that he was awful, first touch was shite, passing was shite and looks like he's lost 2 yards of pace. Miller and Rudy should start the next game.

Thought they were both poor today but earnie shaded it.
Earnie lost two yards of pace? Compared to when? When we last had him :o :lol:
If say he is still faster than miller so don't see how that matters.

Millers season so far was summed up when he broke free wide right by Ninian stand and completely lost control for it to go for a goal kick :/

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:29 am

dont know what games some of you watch.but millers work rate is second to none,he was even casing back in the left back position.give the bloke a break.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 am

hirwaunbluebird wrote:dont know what games some of you watch.but millers work rate is second to none,he was even casing back in the left back position.give the bloke a break.

He lacked control and composure on the ball as mentioned there by Luke, he is employed to score goals and so far a lucky break at West Ham is all he has to his name.

as also pointed out, that moment where he had no pressure on him and lost control of the ball on the by line for it to go out for a goal kick was terrible... the moans from the crowd said it all.

For me he has 2 games left to prove himself or we have to look at bringing in another striker or start Gestede - we COULD have another Eddie Johnson on our hands here, Who also ran his socks of and chased every ball, but lets be honest, he was shit as well!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:39 am

everyone could have a moan if he wasnt putting a shift in,but to score goals he needs scoring oppurtunities.and seeing we have no wide men hes not going to get the chances he thrives on.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:41 am

Merlin wrote:
hirwaunbluebird wrote:dont know what games some of you watch.but millers work rate is second to none,he was even casing back in the left back position.give the bloke a break.

He lacked control and composure on the ball as mentioned there by Luke, he is employed to score goals and so far a lucky break at West Ham is all he has to his name.

as also pointed out, that moment where he had no pressure on him and lost control of the ball on the by line for it to go out for a goal kick was terrible... the moans from the crowd said it all.

For me he has 2 games left to prove himself or we have to look at bringing in another striker or start Gestede - we COULD have another Eddie Johnson on our hands here, Who also ran his socks of and chased every ball, but lets be honest, he was shit as well!

Terrible comparison, Eddie was like playing with ten men plus him wandering around. Miller was fouled for the free-kick and his hold up play caused the second goal too.

Jay Bothroyd took ten games to score for us people need to chill out.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:42 am

RFMH wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Terrible comparison, Eddie was like playing with ten men plus him wandering around. Miller was fouled for the free-kick and his hold up play caused the second goal too.

someone with common sense.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:46 am

Merlin wrote:

don't agree with anything you say there sorry merlin expect the bit about gestede

can't compare him to eddie johnson. pointless slamming the ball up miller to hold up cuz he not that type of play nore is earnshaw. when kiss or the other ones gets the nod it will free whitts up then you mite see dif miller and will help earnshaw out to.

he is frustrating i admit but he does not give up can't nock the guy for effort. but maybe it time to have crack with gestede either with miller or earnshaw.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:48 am

RFMH wrote:
Merlin wrote:

spot on RFMH i was screaming at miller all match but he did cause to of the goals by just not given up can't nock the guy for that. but with his price tag he it will just add pressure to miller but miller been around to long to take any notice.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:51 am

Sorry but Miller is like Paul Wheeler - good engine but not up to it

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:00 pm

agree with rmfh, still bloody early days! and didnt he not have much of a pre-season? he could not score until february and still get 10-15 for the season (and they could be the ones that count), so i think its a LITTLE unjustified to be on his back already to say the least. the league's still warming up mun! as was mentioned last week it doesnt look as though WE are bringing out the best in him atm after watching the jocks, so lets see how the loan market develops first.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:28 pm

I rate Miller.

Miller and Goodwillie would of been something special.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Service to the strikers is not up to scratch, both Earnie and Miller need to be facing the goal when recieving the ball, not pumping high balls down the field to the smallest players on the pitch, the win was great but the performance was mid table at best.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:I rate Miller.

30 goals WHAT UP lol :lol: :lol:

and even more LOL at those guys saying it's early. A month full of games isnt enough for 31 years old guy to start performing?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:00 pm

quadsas wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:I rate Miller.

30 goals WHAT UP lol :lol: :lol:

and even more LOL at those guys saying it's early. A month full of games isnt enough for 31 years old guy to start performing?

they'll be saying this come christmas .. same as Andy Campbell .. thats all we had was peeps saying 'he's lacking in confidence but will come good' and guess what ANDY didn't coz he was shit ... and what i've seen of Miller so far doesn't look promising TBH ... but i'll give him a few more games before make my judgement that he's shit too..!! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 pm

What fantastic fans you are, how big off you Image

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Two small guys up front is not working, the long balls from Marshall were in most cases cut out by the defence purely on the height difference.

Either Earnie or Miller to start with Gestede/A N Other(tall guy) to create the chances to allow them to score

:old: :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:31 pm

RFMH wrote:What fantastic fans you are, how big off you Image

what so i'm not entitled to a f*cking opinion am I ??

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Midfield general wrote:Would improve even more if he had a 'Kris Boyd' type figure in the team to work off. Hense why he scored so many goals at Rangers during his time there.

or the fact that even my grampy could score against east faith and st johnstone? :?:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:45 pm

yeah but the spl is a shit league and everyone knows it but it do have it little gems coming out of their to be fair!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Work-rate means nowt on its own.

Work-rate needs to be accompanied by the word effective.

Effective work-rate is what counts.

I'm afraid for me, Miller needs to bring the word "Effective" with him onto the pitch. :(