Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Blake: Is he really a midfielder..?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Midfield general wrote:My opinion is that he only had a starting place because of his performance against England on Tuesday but it was the wrong position in my mind.

He's not a Midfield General imo :ayatollah: - but good to play anywhere in the back 4 ;)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:53 pm

All of his best games have been when he was playing CB.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:57 pm

You tell us sir ;)

In all seriousness I see him as a CB, but the Gerrard/Hudson combo doesn't seem to be failing drastically (I don't think) at the moment so there isn't any need to split that up. Unfortunately Blake is in a position where he can cover for a lot of positions, but can't cement a starting place in any of them (Which is weird to say being a Cardiff fan).

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I remember against Boro at home season before last, he and Rae tore them to shreds that day.

But for my he's a CB or full-back. He is a good player though, maybe if hed been around in the days of "wing backs" hed have been great in a 3 at the back (3-2-3-2)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:07 pm

darcy signed a new contract with us,and i dont think he his a cm he is a cb i think but its good he can play in differnt places like all across back 4 and centre midfield :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Midfield general wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Midfield general wrote:My opinion is that he only had a starting place because of his performance against England on Tuesday but it was the wrong position in my mind.

He's not a Midfield General imo :ayatollah: - but good to play anywhere in the back 4 ;)

I agree there Top Man. Key the abuse when I say this but............. ;) It was as if MM folded to public pressure to play Blake after Tuesday and centre midfield was the best place he could play him without any comeback.

MM bowed to public pressure Geeeeeesh what are you sniffing...!!

Go on then Einstein other than Blake today who else was he going to play in the holding midfield role, bearing in mind Kiss and Gunnarson are just coming back from injury and Mcphail isn't fully fit yet ... and apart from that what did Blake do wrong today,,

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Im not saying that Blake done anything wrong whatsoever but his best position isn't in midfield. Personally I thought Cowie was lost today in the 'not-so-wide' role he played.[/quote]

Agree with you there.. Blake best position is probably CB ... but with lack of bodies in midfield at present I think this was the only option open to MM... and Cowie should be in central Midfield and right wing is deffo any area we need cover.. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:29 pm

He can be used in midfield for sure, he is an option but not a first choice one.
He played well but lacked quality, when kiss and gunarrson come on I felt a lot more confident in the midfield.