Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The actual game today

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:45 pm

I appreciate gerrard for his goal and celebration, but today he was quite simply awful.... Caught out of position on more than one occasion, poor touch on numerous occasions, and very often just lumped his foot through the ball for clearances which ended up in the stands, giving the ball back to them!

He seriously needs to improve if we are to challenge.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 am

Midfield general wrote:can anyone tell me what position Cowie was actually playing..? A kind of 'not-so-wide' right side midfielder..?

Wide of a diamond it looked like. Seems a but wasted to me.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:13 am

Couldn't agree more MG, i was not really impressed by our win today, thought we made hard work of it, tbh. Play like that against the likes of BHA & we all know what could happen. I'm Still not sure about Kenny Miller myself, but its early days.
A win is a win at the end of the day!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:20 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:can anyone tell me what position Cowie was actually playing..? A kind of 'not-so-wide' right side midfielder..?

Wide of a diamond it looked like. Seems a but wasted to me.

Same here if it was a diamond then someone had a wonky hand when cutting the diamond :lol:

Many teams play a wimpy diamond, dj has done it.
It can work with the right players.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:21 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Couldn't agree more MG, i was not really impressed by our win today, thought we made hard work of it, tbh. Play like that against the likes of BHA & we all know what could happen. I'm Still not sure about Kenny Miller myself, but its early days.
A win is a win at the end of the day!

Or against west ham and..... :o

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:24 am

I think it can but i don't think it does with cowie and Conway infront.
I think MM likes to play things narrow tbh

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:24 am

It will be interesting what team MM picks for next Sat away to Blackpool?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:27 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:It will be interesting what team MM picks for next Sat away to Blackpool?

I think one of gun or kiss will come in, that's all.
I'd I'd rudy and maybe keinan