Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IS EVERYONE HAPPY WITH "

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:31 pm

" IS EVERYONE HAPPY WITH HOW THINGS ARE GOING ON THE PITCH SO FAR ? "

Yes I am. :ayatollah:

Do you think we still need 2,3 or 4 more players now ?

Yes I believe we need 3 more, if we want to challenge and stay in the Top 6.
Also if we don't, I honestly believe our players will get tired legs within months as Malky makes sure they give 100% every time, plus we will get injuries, so Our squad needs more players.

If we don't add players soon, will you not be bothered and be content with what we have ?

I will be disappointed, but I will continue to give 100% Support to Malky and our team :ayatollah:

Re: " IS EVERYONE HAPPY WITH "

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" IS EVERYONE HAPPY WITH HOW THINGS ARE GOING ON THE PITCH SO FAR ? "

Yes I believe we do if we want to challenge and stay in the Top 6.
Also if we don't, I honestly believe our players will get tired legs within months as Malky makes sure they give 100% every time, plus we will get injuries, so Our squad needs more players.

If we don't add players soon, will you not be bothered and be content with what we have ?

I will be disappointed, but I will continue to give 100% Support to Malky and our team :ayatollah:

Pretty much the same.

2-3 players and we can challenge for the play-offs. I can't see us getting near West ham over the season even if we brought in 11 !

Without those and we will have spells when we don't do well due to injuries and playing the better sides and will be mid-table.

Still happy if they all put the effort in.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Without a doubt we need a big target man upfront, a CB & maybe a wide man. I dont think we are too far away from a ideal squad.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 pm

I asked that Annis and i got slaughtered :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:39 pm

We still need 2-4 players in (loans from the premier league- U23's).
More than happy with what MM and the playing staff have done so far :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:43 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Without a doubt we need a big target man upfront, a CB & maybe a wide man. I dont think we are too far away from a ideal squad.

Hudson
Gerrard
Keinan
Gyepes
Turner
Blake
McNaughton
Quinn

Not enough?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 pm

yeah, were rebuilding. might take a couple of seasons. before we challenge at the top :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm

I think we need to get in 2 loans in the next few weeks and a winger and striker has to be targeted then. Then again in January we have to get in some players permanently and on loan if we are to get into that top 6. The players working hard s omuch every game very much concerns me in terms of how will they physically be feeling in April.

Last season watford went downhill after January! I hope the board back Malky in the next few weeks. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Midfield general wrote:
jaybothroyd wrote:I think we need to get in 2 loans in the next few weeks and a winger and striker has to be targeted then. Then again in January we have to get in some players permanently and on loan if we are to get into that top 6. The players working hard s omuch every game very much concerns me in terms of how will they physically be feeling in April.

Last season watford went downhill after January! I hope the board back Malky in the next few weeks. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I don't think the team can last until Janauary without a target man. The constant pressure on the team because of lost prosession will tell in the end both on the scoresheet and the injury list.

Yeah a winger and striker in on loan in the next few weeks. A striker coming in who is good in the air is crucial to allow Miller and Earnie to reach their full potential. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm very happy with everything overall.

I still think we need 3-4 decent players to bolster the squad.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Winger for cover, a taller striker to partner either Earnie or Kenny (even if it's just as backup to Rudy - I want Rudy starting weekly) and that'd probably be it for me.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:04 pm

i think we need 3 or 4 players,a winger or 2,a striker,and a cm :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:32 pm

I think we need two players, a winger and a striker, thats all.
I'd like to see some players to leave as well.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I'd like to see some players to leave as well.

Like who..? We are short on numbers as it is really

Well the likes of Jarvis, wildig, farah etc on loan.

Also i can't imagine any circumstances where gypes will get in the team with about 6 players infront of him.
Parkin can go along with naylor if possible.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:07 am

Good start to the season but we need a striker who can hold the ball up and a winger to play on the right, lets hope Turner does the buisness as our centre backs are a liability. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:57 am

RFMH wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Without a doubt we need a big target man upfront, a CB & maybe a wide man. I dont think we are too far away from a ideal squad.

Hudson
Gerrard
Keinan
Gyepes
Turner
Blake
McNaughton
Quinn

Not enough?

It may be enough in quantity but Not in Quality. I really don't think Gyepes, Gerrard, Keinan and to a certain extent Quinn are good enough nor consistent enough. Thats just my opinion!!!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:11 am

100% behind team and management but my observations are -

When opposing teams get the ball they seem to be able to pass around us with ease and with plenty of time and space, ultimately creating some dangerous opportunities.

When we have the ball our players seem to get isolated with no real options to pass and this often leads to us trying to force things with a pass that isn't really on, or a long ball.

I also hate the fact that when our keeper gets the ball the tactic seems to be boot it has high up the pitch as you can often giving possession straight back. I would like to see us keep the ball, pass and build from the back.

I though we were poor yesterday.

Please don't slate me for this. I'm not being negative, it's just my observation on our progress to date. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:31 am

Yesterday was a bit of a strange game because with the greatest respect to Doncaster they are a nice football team and very little else. For us it was a game we just had to win for no other reason than most every other Championship team will beat Doncaster at home.

We started strongly and could of been 3-0 up inside 5 minutes but then it turned into a bit of a huffing and puffing performance mainly in my opinion because the ball just wasn't sticking with Miller and Earnshaw. Also yesterday showed that Darcy can do a job in CM but not to the same level as Gunnarson or Kiss who really looked very mobile and committed when they came on.

Conway also looks full of tricks but he lacks a yard of pace and whilst he worked hard yesterday there was very little end product from him. I think the balance of the team was much better at the end of the game than it was at the start and if the team that ended had started the game we would have won by a far greater margin.

So I think Malky does need more players and more options and they need to be wide players with pace and a big CF even if only back up to Rudy. Hate to say it but I don't think Miller and Earnie will work and MM needs another big forward so he can mix and match them.

But you have to give it to MM and all the players they really do give everything for the full 90 minutes and thats great to see. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:31 am

I don't think we're far off the mark. Biggest priority is a striker who can hold the ball up. Rudi might be the man, who knows, but we need Earnie or Miller playing off a different type of striker. (IMHO Miller looks dreadful but that's another story). I don't know why some are so obsessed with CB's we got a shit load of them and didn't we sign another one the other week? I think it's the least of our worries.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:43 am

We need at least two players , :ayatollah: if we had bothroyd and burke playing yesterday we would have won that game by a hatfull,so we need a striker and a pacy winger and we will be in the mix at the end of the season

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:22 am

Midfield general wrote:A big striker, put whitts out wide and a better centre half pairing is required. Whether we have the money for these is another question.

I have a sneaky feeling that MM preferred central midfield partnership will be the Kiss/Gunnasson duo that we saw for the final quarter yesterday.

Whitts will probably move into the hole with either Earnie or Miller upfront on their own.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:33 am

RobP wrote:100% behind team and management but my observations are -

When opposing teams get the ball they seem to be able to pass around us with ease and with plenty of time and space, ultimately creating some dangerous opportunities.

When we have the ball our players seem to get isolated with no real options to pass and this often leads to us trying to force things with a pass that isn't really on, or a long ball.

I also hate the fact that when our keeper gets the ball the tactic seems to be boot it has high up the pitch as you can often giving possession straight back. I would like to see us keep the ball, pass and build from the back.

Please don't slate me for this. I'm not being negative, it's just my observation on our progress to date. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

YES TOTALLY AGREE MARSHALL BOOTS UP FIELD 95% OF THE GAME TO ERNIE & MILLER WHO HAVE NO HEIGHT ADVANTAGE AND THE BALL IS BACK WITH OPPONENTS SURELY HE NOTICES THIS HE SHOULD'NT HAVE TO BE TOLD AS IT'S PRETTY BASIC STUFF AND NEED TO KEEP POSSESSION? OTT :D :D :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:43 am

irishblue wrote:
RobP wrote:100% behind team and management but my observations are -

YES TOTALLY AGREE MARSHALL BOOTS UP FIELD 95% OF THE GAME TO ERNIE & MILLER WHO HAVE NO HEIGHT ADVANTAGE AND THE BALL IS BACK WITH OPPONENTS SURELY HE NOTICES THIS HE SHOULD'NT HAVE TO BE TOLD AS IT'S PRETTY BASIC STUFF AND NEED TO KEEP POSSESSION? OTT :D :D :ayatollah:

I think the long ball is supposed to be hit towards the channels for Earnie to use his pace against the slower CH he is usually up against. Unfortunatley the delivery is usually poor and goes straight down the throat of either CH.

Being fair to MM he has yet to have a full squad fit and ready at his disposal and as a result he has been forced to ablib the first month of the season.

The missing players are now returning so we might finally see what MM's preferred line up and pattern of play is.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:58 am

Our defence is still suspect and there's a complete lack of pace in the squad.I'm happy so far, but we need a new striker and someone on the wings with pace. Must say Peter Whittingham is playing out of his skin at the moment, I'm surprised no Premiership Club as shown interest in him

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" IS EVERYONE HAPPY WITH HOW THINGS ARE GOING ON THE PITCH SO FAR ? "

Annis,we are doing well playing ugly football,so we got to be happy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm happy so far. Seen all the games except Oxford. Played 6, won 3, drawn 2, lost 1. That's OK. We need another striker or twc. Someone with a bit of pace. Defence and midfield look OK. Hopefully the keepers won't all get injured at once, and we get another Bywater on loan :shock: Not at our best yesterday, but we got there. Good substitutions by Malky. New team, will take a bit of time to gel, but so far, so good :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Happy so far, but to maintain a challenge for the top 6 I do believe we definitely need a pacey right winger and a good target man.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

2 players who didnt make prem 25 man squads but are realistic targets and i think would strengthen us would be Patrick Agyemang and Tom Soares.
Would love to see both here along with a couple of loans

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:02 pm

POSITIVE ALERT!!! POSITIVE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO POSITIVE !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:39 pm

I've got to say I'm delighted with the way we've performed so far. Considering we have over 10 new players and so many 'top' players have departed, it's amazing how we are top 6.
I still think we are missing a little quality up front......sad to say but I think a Bothroyd would make us complete.
We arent far off but I still think 2 top loanees might propel us to top 3.
:ayatollah:
This is what most of us called for so we can't really have grounds to moan too much. Its a fresh start for us all.