Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Radio Wales what a waste of licence fee money

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:38 am

Radio Wales was superb from the moment Real Radio stopped broadcasting the Cardiff games every saturday till the Jerks got promotion to the premiership.

Radio Wales thanks to Swansea playing in the top flight has basically chaned its methods. If it carried on broadcasting Cardiff games all over Wales on the digital platform the Jacks would accuse them even more of a biase towards Cardiff seeing as we are a leauge below them now.

I can understand the reason behind all the change, even if it does seem amatuer now at best.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Last season you could get both teams on radio wales,but on sky or virgin only cardiff,
That is baias,and we should be the tesm with media cover in wales as we are in top flight games....

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:45 pm

I love Radio Wales , tell you things about Wales that our station don't and brings up interesting facts about Welsh History. LOVE IT !

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:55 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Last season you could get both teams on radio wales,but on sky or virgin only cardiff,
That is baias,and we should be the tesm with media cover in wales as we are in top flight games....

I disagree. We are best supported team so should get the digital coverage.

The sensible alternative would be to cover whoever is away so yesterday they should cover the jacks whilst next week they should cover us at Blackpool.

In some ways they are in a no win situation.

If truth be told they are probably hoping you lot get relegated and ccfc stay in the championship due to potential danger to rugby.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:30 pm

You ain't that much biger supported them us for us to be discarded,its not as if we are wrexham or newport,but I realy don't want to get in to a argument on who is the bigger,but surely in this day and age welsh people can listen to ther favorite welsh team home or away.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Is it even possible to split a digital frequency across the Welsh regions ? I'm guessing it's not otherwise Radio Wales would of done it by now ?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Its pissed me off no end as im in CF72 and all i got was the Jacks coverage on Sky Sat where ae last years i used to get the CCFC 'East' coverage, and ended up paying for CCFC player instead of worrying about it every week.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Midfield general wrote:Up until this season I have supported the station around its sports coverage. My opinion is that 'they were trying' however their coverage this season has been shocking and I feel for people who can't pick up the FM South East frequency (Lets be honest there are some areas in the South East where you can't pick it up!!!).

The only other show I listen to is the weekday lunchtime phone-in but if Jason Mohammed isn't on there the standard of that show drops like a stone so it leaves me with two questions really.

1) Would you agree that Radio Wales only has an appeal to people over 45 years old and (2) if thats the case then why should people from every age bracket donate their licence fee money to fund sub-standard radio stations.?

Licence fee payers pay the BBC to provided a service across all areas of interest even those with low listening figures. BBC Asian Network and 6Music being a couple of examples. Age brackets have got nothing to do with it. "Sub standard?' - Well that's in the eyes of the beholders so to speak.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Its Radio Wales not Radio Cardiff. We have had it too good for too long