Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Combination ?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on the strikers (earnshaw and miller).Personally i think they are too similar anyone agree ?

Re: Combination ?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:42 pm

dropebluebird wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on the strikers (earnshaw and miller).Personally i think they are too similar anyone agree ?

i think malky knows this aswell. untill he can get the type of player he wants. we just have to make the best of what we got :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 pm

What have earnie actually learnt whilst being at these other clubs? To me he still puts lot of effort in without doing much and he's lost a yard of pace. Give me miller and rudy at this present time

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 pm

I think miller is the weaker of the two.I would like to see Earnshaw and Gestede

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Just think miller works the channels better and makes more intelligent runs.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:13 pm

I think Malky will have to make a decision sooner rather than later about who he starts alongside Gestede.

Earnie and Miller ended up in the same areas on a few occasions in the opening 30mins today. They make similar runs and moved to the same areas, which to my completely untrained eye, suggests they're too similar and end up getting in each others way. They don't compliment each other.

I didn't think either looked at all comfortable today.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:13 pm

the problem is the booting the ball up the field :lol: we have to people under 5 10 and the defense think they can still hoof it up there and they just clearly dont work together for me it has to be Earnie and Gestede. ;)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:18 pm

I feel they position themselves far too far apart from each other when we have the ball, shld be closer together to play frm each others knock downs and bring each other into play!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Scruffy wrote:the problem is the booting the ball up the field :lol: we have to people under 5 10 and the defense think they can still hoof it up there and they just clearly dont work together for me it has to be Earnie and Gestede. ;)

Very true.

At times we're launching long balls up to two midgets! :lol:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Then the question is who do we leave off the bench, Gestede or Mason......?