Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Applause for Brendan Rodgers...

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 pm

It was good to hear the respectful applause from our fans for Brendan Rodgers before the match in relation to the recent death of his father.

It's been uplifting to see both sets of fans being so respectful to one another since last Tuesday.

Perhaps some good might come out of this tragedy.

Re: Applause for Brendan Rodgers...

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Well said. Well done Ali for the sensitive way he handled the whole applause/respects..

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks for your support today lads, it means a lot. Hopefully now we can build bridges over what has been a very stormy water over the last few decades. Yes the rivalry has been good but now i really think the hatred should end. I have many friends from up the valleys who have gone to school/work with many cardiff fans and have remained good mates to this day yet the whole cardiff/swansea thing has never got in the way of getting on in life.

40 miles is not a lot and hopefully this weeks events will be a catalyst to future times where we can all have a bit of banter without it going overboard and at Wales games both sets can really put together a powerful voice to get behind Wales because let's face it Swansea and Cardiff fans in full flow are f*cking LOUD! Imagine what that would sound like to Gary Speed and the boys!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Yes, the respect shown by the City faithful towards Brendan Rogers' loss was nice to see. The Jacks made a nice gesture to one of our supporters this week, and we showed that we can return that gesture.

It shows that respect between rivals isn't impossible.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:25 pm

This respect in times of tradegy is all well and good and shows that both sets of fans have moral standards and integrity.

BUT the jacks are still a shower of peg selling, caravan dwelling shower of six fingered inbreds.

BUSINESS AS USUAL! :ayatollah:

NORMAL SERVICE AS BEEN RESUMED :old:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:This respect in times of tradegy is all well and good and shows that both sets of fans have moral standards and integrity.

BUT the jacks are still a shower of peg selling, caravan dwelling shower of six fingered inbreds.

For you maybe.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:This respect in times of tradegy is all well and good and shows that both sets of fans have moral standards and integrity.

For you maybe.

Definitely :old:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:05 pm

There's a lot of decent Jacks out there and the ones I know are proper supporters who love their football

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Halifax93 wrote:There's a lot of decent Jacks out there and the ones I know are proper supporters who love their football

That's fair enough but I don't want a "love-in".

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm

:lol: :lol: It had to be said and the Jacks Im sure would appreciate that :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:21 am

I'm sorry for Brendan that he lost his dad, but I am keeping level headed over this temp mutal bonding that is going on from some fans between Cardiff and Swansea.

For the last few days I have been sickend on other forums and chat rooms by how many Swansea fans find it funny that Mikey died ( some to the point saying they hope it was Swans fans invloved ). Granted this board has had the respectful Swansea fans giving there respect, but be in the minority or not I have been sickened by some of the comments I have read from some of the Jack supporters off this forum

I wont repeat all they said out of pure decency for the fans and family, but my point is that not all the Jacks are being respectful and still take this tragic moment as a chance to have a pop at us.

Thank you though to the honest decent fans of Swansea who have been respectful on here.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:33 am

It brought tears to my eyes, Ali mentioned brendens loss and before he could finish the stadium was in raptures of respect. I love you bluebirds.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:11 am

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:I'm sorry for Brendan that he lost his dad, but I am keeping level headed over this temp mutal bonding that is going on from some fans between Cardiff and Swansea.

For the last few days I have been sickend on other forums and chat rooms by how many Swansea fans find it funny that Mikey died ( some to the point saying they hope it was Swans fans invloved ). Granted this board has had the respectful Swansea fans giving there respect, but be in the minority or not I have been sickened by some of the comments I have read from some of the Jack supporters off this forum

I wont repeat all they said out of pure decency for the fans and family, but my point is that not all the Jacks are being respectful and still take this tragic moment as a chance to have a pop at us.

Thank you though to the honest decent fans of Swansea who have been respectful on here.

I think you will find that is a very very small minority, possibly uneducated young chavs on a facebook page. The vast majority of swans have been respectful.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:20 am

Blo, grow a pair with all due repsect. We are all humans and we care....even jacks. Stop talking kak, pisses me off.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:10 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:There's a lot of decent Jacks out there and the ones I know are proper supporters who love their football

That's fair enough but I don't want a "love-in".

Go on, hug a Jack, you know you want to...

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:29 am

this is exactly the type of thing that leads to tragedies occuring just because you werte born in a different area and support a different team is no reason to go around spouting such crap and nuturing hatred grow up :old: :old:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Goes to show differences can be put aside when you put things into perspective :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:51 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: