Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anthony gerrard

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:47 pm

won me £87 today being 1st goalscorer.top celebration as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Anthony gerrard

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:50 pm

boxerbob wrote:won me £87 today being 1st goalscorer.top celebration as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

who the hell would put money on gerrard scoring the first goal. hes a defender for gods sake :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: well done

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Without sounding like a Scrooge, his celebration was a nice gesture but let's not get blinded by a player's commitment and association with the fans. I thought he looked extremely vulnerable today and I am wondering if him and Hudson are too slow together. Personally, I would have gone with Blake and Hudson today and feel Gerrard is going through a poor spell.

Saying that, we won 2-0, Gerrard was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet and he scored a goal. He lives to fight another day.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 pm

ninianblue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:won me £87 today being 1st goalscorer.top celebration as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

who the hell would put money on gerrard scoring the first goal. hes a defender for gods sake :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: well done

Before he went out on loan i done him as 1st goalscorer a few times,i find defenders are better prices n they always come up for set pieces.people around me in117 will tell you i done it :D

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Zabier wrote:Without sounding like a Scrooge, his celebration was a nice gesture but let's not get blinded by a player's commitment and association with the fans. I thought he looked extremely vulnerable today and I am wondering if him and Hudson are too slow together. Personally, I would have gone with Blake and Hudson today and feel Gerrard is going through a poor spell.

Saying that, we won 2-0, Gerrard was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet and he scored a goal. He lives to fight another day.

Gerrard was my fav player before he went out on loan but his distribution has been awful since he come back

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 pm

i think gerrard will eventually be replaced by ben turner or darcy,he gives 100% for the cause but is not quite good enough for me but fair play to him for the goal that we desperately needed today

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:11 pm

I did Gerrard to score first the other weeks when Hudson got the first :twisted:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:25 pm

i usualy do hudson or gerrard to score , it pays well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks for the goal Anthony, but I thought he was really poor today, terrible distribution and passing. Darcy and Huds at centre half for me.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Zabier wrote:Without sounding like a Scrooge, his celebration was a nice gesture but let's not get blinded by a player's commitment and association with the fans. I thought he looked extremely vulnerable today and I am wondering if him and Hudson are too slow together. Personally, I would have gone with Blake and Hudson today and feel Gerrard is going through a poor spell.

Agreed

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Well done boxerbob :ayatollah: - Hope it was not with Coral ;)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 pm

You can't fault Gerrard's desire and commitment on the field.

He isn't the greatest player on Earth, but give me 11 players with Anthony Gerrard's effort, attitude and no nonsense approach, over 11 talented, hands on hips, have a tantrum, i'm not chasing back if i lose the ball, player any day of the week.

I couldn't see it from where i was, but his gesture after he scored was quality if what i've read is correct. Shows that he's in tune with the supporters.

Top man.

:ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Well done boxerbob :ayatollah: - Hope it was not with Coral ;)

Cheers tony,ladbrokes :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:06 pm

£140 for me £5@28-1 get intheeeeeeeeeeere gezz
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: