Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CLARKSON BASH AT THE WELSH

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Do you know what I'm bored of this argument, you can say whatever you want mate. As I said I wasn't offended at all by it, was just trying to point out why people could be offended. I have a life, can't be arsed.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Clarkson once called for a boycott of German goods and the German chap there said Germans wouldn't boycott English goods because there was nothing of any quality that they wanted in the first place.It brought a smile to my face.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:55 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
nerd wrote:
welshie wrote:
nerd wrote:
welshie wrote:However, what annoys me is the way that the Welsh nation and the Welsh language is always an easy target for anyone. If this article was about punjabi or some other Asian langauge being taken out of the UK, there would be uproar, and I don't really see the difference to be quite honest.

Easy target?

It exposes the hypocracy of those complaining.

"After railing against the French language in his column yesterday, Clarkson turned his fire on Welsh saying: “I think we are fast approaching the time when the United Nations should start to think seriously about abolishing other languages."".

People bitching and moaning about his comments on the French language? Zero.
Those bitching because god forbid he mentions the Welsh language? Lots.
Those complaining about the fact he clearly, tongue in cheek, suggests all non-English languages should go? Zero.

That's the most comically stupid comeback I've ever heard in my life. How many people have heard of Clarkson in France, um probably zero.

I stand by my point if he hadn't made that sweeping judgement and used punjabi instead of Welsh there would be a lot more moaning and complaining about it trust me.

That wasn't the point.

My point was, when he commented on the French language, did anybody here complain about how disgraceful it was? No. "Insult" the Welsh language, everyone then up in arms - implying it's ok to "insult" other languages...

Your point is valid if he'd said say Punjabi - but that's more down to the silliness of PC-dom these days.

I don't speak Welsh other than a few words, my sons are learning it. Have I ever needed to use it in my career? Absolutely not. When Clarkson points out the nationalists use it as a totem pole to rally around, he's absolutely correct. Hence you've train announcements et al made first in Welsh, a language the majority of Welsh don't use. And indeed, to some of the more militants, means I'm not Welsh really...

Aside from all that, Clarkson's comments are generally tongue in cheek, meant to provoke debate. Yet people who rail against PC-dom get all irate over his comments... which basically mean he's hooked people in good and proper.

Your name is really well match to you , You point out that no one would be up in arms if it French he mouth off about.
That cos it dont affect you cos your nor French , as you say , you never need to use Welsh in your career there for you don't give a shit ! The so called Nationalist want to keep the Welsh language going as do so may other people even people who cant speak it but wish they could. All I have ever read from you is negative things about Wales the Welsh and the language. Many many people have move to Wales and love the country and people and try to learn the Language and do. For them I have great respect, its people who come here run the people language down I hate and people who would fly another country's flag and not there own.

Well said :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Having read a few of Clarksons books it is apparent that he has a go at many things not just us in Wales. In one of his books he did state that "he has never met a Welshman that he disliked".

Apart from that we all have our opinions about people/country/caravan parks we dont like.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Didn't he end up on front of a paper before when he made a comment about women in Burkhas by saying 'they must be wearing nothing but lingerie and suspenders underneath' something like that.

He's just out for attention really, imagine if Alan Partridge was real :lol:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Who cares get a sense of humour Chief. People are far to sensative these Days.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:45 pm

ross1927 wrote:Didn't he end up on front of a paper before when he made a comment about women in Burkhas by saying 'they must be wearing nothing but lingerie and suspenders underneath' something like that.

He's just out for attention really, imagine if Alan Partridge was real :lol:

An ex of mine worked in the lingerie department of Harrods for a couple of years and I can confirm that is indeed true. Mostly arabian ladies who are some of most naturally beautiful women in the world so not surprising some rich islamic freaks shoves a bag over their heads.

As for Clarkson, top man, great humour, unfortunately slightly too advanced for some people it appears.