Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CLARKSON BASH AT THE WELSH

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:35 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -29358957/

Re: CLARKSON BASH AT THE WELSH

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Clarkson's views are about as valid as... well, he writes for The Sun and The Daily Mail... I don't think I really need to say anything else. Absolute toss piece in my opinion.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 pm

f**k him. Fat c**t!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm

does the opinion of a fat curly haired arrogant tw*t really matter?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I bet he wouldn't complain about the various asian tounges spoke in this country.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:45 pm

englishbluebird wrote:does the opinion of a fat curly haired arrogant tw*t really matter?

I just hate it when someone put my nation down, especially by an english tw*t

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Think he's quite funny myself :lol:

And I don't see the point of the anger on here towards these remarks - I don't think many on here actually speak Welsh !

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:48 pm

first class prick

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Think he's quite funny myself :lol:

And I don't see the point of the anger on here towards these remarks - I don't think many on here actually speak Welsh !

Its not just speaking Welsh that makes you Welsh its the pride within you that makes you Welsh.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Clarkson bashes everyone, I wouldn't get annoyed with it - The man is funny

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Even though I was born in England and lived for most of my life in Wales I consider myself welsh before English. Jeremy Clarkson is a first class bell end and has no respect whatsoever of any culture outside of the UK.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

perhaps you can now understand why i detest the English.

His opinion is a medium for the majority of middle England.

I know, I've lived there

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Clarksons an ass simple as that dont bother me that he said that though an opinion of one bloke about a nation isnt going to bother me like my opinion on the english isnt going to bother him simple as ;)

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:40 am

The Reason I hate top gear................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABbHPdwH4

Stewart Lee :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:37 am

Hands up those who had a go at Clarkson when he's had a go at Mexicans, the French, Health and Safety...

None?

Interesting that, isn't it?

The fact remains too many pompous fools taking themselves way too seriously get wound up by it - look at one "diehard Welshies" comment in the Walesonline piece...

That Clarkson's "demand" for Welsh to be scrapped - along with other languages is defined by the UN as "genocide".

really?

Really?

REALLY?

That disgraceful downplaying of genocides just sums up the typical nationalist mindset - unable to take a joke and thick as pigshit...

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:05 am

nerd wrote:Hands up those who had a go at Clarkson when he's had a go at Mexicans, the French, Health and Safety...

None?

Interesting that, isn't it?

The fact remains too many pompous fools taking themselves way too seriously get wound up by it - look at one "diehard Welshies" comment in the Walesonline piece...

That Clarkson's "demand" for Welsh to be scrapped - along with other languages is defined by the UN as "genocide".

really?

Really?

REALLY?

That disgraceful downplaying of genocides just sums up the typical nationalist mindset - unable to take a joke and thick as pigshit...

I'm not offended by the opinion despite me being a diehard Welshman and Welsh speaker, as I've read his books and he basically has a go at everything. In fact on a lot of occasions, he actually praises the Welsh and states he's never met a Welsh person he doesn't like. It's his job and it's the way he is. He's probably had a go at everyone and everything.

However, what annoys me is the way that the Welsh nation and the Welsh language is always an easy target for anyone. If this article was about punjabi or some other Asian langauge being taken out of the UK, there would be uproar, and I don't really see the difference to be quite honest.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:01 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:perhaps you can now understand why i detest the English.

His opinion is a medium for the majority of middle England.

I know, I've lived there

Excuse Me. My mother and my Father were both English why do you detest them? You are one sad man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:23 am

welshie wrote:However, what annoys me is the way that the Welsh nation and the Welsh language is always an easy target for anyone. If this article was about punjabi or some other Asian langauge being taken out of the UK, there would be uproar, and I don't really see the difference to be quite honest.

Easy target?

It exposes the hypocracy of those complaining.

"After railing against the French language in his column yesterday, Clarkson turned his fire on Welsh saying: “I think we are fast approaching the time when the United Nations should start to think seriously about abolishing other languages."".

People bitching and moaning about his comments on the French language? Zero.
Those bitching because god forbid he mentions the Welsh language? Lots.
Those complaining about the fact he clearly, tongue in cheek, suggests all non-English languages should go? Zero.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:55 am

He just says stuff to get attention. His views have no influence so chill guys.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:26 am

loathe the man

haven't looked at what he's said or written

just feel he's stuck in a time warp when england had an empire - met loads like him - english ists (their racist, sexist, classist xenephobes). gives the rest of the english a bad name.
oh, I must stop now and crawl into my little welsh cave :o

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:54 am

nerd wrote:
welshie wrote:However, what annoys me is the way that the Welsh nation and the Welsh language is always an easy target for anyone. If this article was about punjabi or some other Asian langauge being taken out of the UK, there would be uproar, and I don't really see the difference to be quite honest.

Easy target?

"After railing against the French language in his column yesterday, Clarkson turned his fire on Welsh saying: “I think we are fast approaching the time when the United Nations should start to think seriously about abolishing other languages."".

Those complaining about the fact he clearly, tongue in cheek, suggests all non-English languages should go? Zero.

That's the most comically stupid comeback I've ever heard in my life. How many people have heard of Clarkson in France, um probably zero.

I stand by my point if he hadn't made that sweeping judgement and used punjabi instead of Welsh there would be a lot more moaning and complaining about it trust me.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:08 am

welshie wrote:
nerd wrote:

Easy target?

That's the most comically stupid comeback I've ever heard in my life. How many people have heard of Clarkson in France, um probably zero.

I stand by my point if he hadn't made that sweeping judgement and used punjabi instead of Welsh there would be a lot more moaning and complaining about it trust me.

100% true mate

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:14 am

welshie wrote:
nerd wrote:

Easy target?

That wasn't the point.

My point was, when he commented on the French language, did anybody here complain about how disgraceful it was? No. "Insult" the Welsh language, everyone then up in arms - implying it's ok to "insult" other languages...

Your point is valid if he'd said say Punjabi - but that's more down to the silliness of PC-dom these days.

I don't speak Welsh other than a few words, my sons are learning it. Have I ever needed to use it in my career? Absolutely not. When Clarkson points out the nationalists use it as a totem pole to rally around, he's absolutely correct. Hence you've train announcements et al made first in Welsh, a language the majority of Welsh don't use. And indeed, to some of the more militants, means I'm not Welsh really...

Aside from all that, Clarkson's comments are generally tongue in cheek, meant to provoke debate. Yet people who rail against PC-dom get all irate over his comments... which basically mean he's hooked people in good and proper.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:39 am

nerd wrote:
welshie wrote:
nerd wrote:

Easy target?

That wasn't the point.

My point was, when he commented on the French language, did anybody here complain about how disgraceful it was? No. "Insult" the Welsh language, everyone then up in arms - implying it's ok to "insult" other languages...

Your point is valid if he'd said say Punjabi - but that's more down to the silliness of PC-dom these days.

I don't speak Welsh other than a few words, my sons are learning it. Have I ever needed to use it in my career? Absolutely not. When Clarkson points out the nationalists use it as a totem pole to rally around, he's absolutely correct. Hence you've train announcements et al made first in Welsh, a language the majority of Welsh don't use. And indeed, to some of the more militants, means I'm not Welsh really...

Aside from all that, Clarkson's comments are generally tongue in cheek, meant to provoke debate. Yet people who rail against PC-dom get all irate over his comments... which basically mean he's hooked people in good and proper.

Your name is really well match to you , You point out that no one would be up in arms if it French he mouth off about.
That cos it dont affect you cos your nor French , as you say , you never need to use Welsh in your career there for you don't give a shit ! The so called Nationalist want to keep the Welsh language going as do so may other people even people who cant speak it but wish they could. All I have ever read from you is negative things about Wales the Welsh and the language. Many many people have move to Wales and love the country and people and try to learn the Language and do. For them I have great respect, its people who come here run the people language down I hate and people who would fly another country's flag and not there own.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:43 am

nerd wrote:
welshie wrote:
nerd wrote:

Easy target?

That wasn't the point.

The argument is not about Clarkson's comments anymore, as I've stated above they didn't offend me as I put them to where they come from. The point I was making about him insulting the French, was that it's not right to have a go at the French language at all, but that it didn't cause uproar because the number of people who are French who would read it in comparison to the Welsh who read it there is a very large difference.

Well we gonna have to agree to disagree on your other points as it's part of a much larger debate. Personally speaking Welsh has helped my career and still does, as it does for thousands of other people, and the fact we still have the language despite everything that has been thrown at it and it defines us as a nation, but I know there's a lot of people who are just as passionate for the opposite point of view.

At the end of the day, language and culture are very emotive and stir passion amongst people, and at the end of the day should not be mocked or rediculed no matter what.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:10 pm

And again, it's got zero to do with the number of French reading them.

People can't argue and complain with regards to one language - Welsh - but not raise a single comment when another language is "insulted". It's similar to NIMBYisn - "insult" any language but ours, which is where the hypocracy kicks in.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:28 pm

I agree with Nerd.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Don't bite! Who cares what this bloke thinks. The Donny fans yesterday were respectful, as you would expect. That's far more important than the opinion of one bloke.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:55 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Don't bite! Who cares what this bloke thinks. The Donny fans yesterday were respectful, as you would expect. That's far more important than the opinion of one bloke.

Eh? The two issues have zero to do with each other...

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:34 pm

nerd wrote:And again, it's got zero to do with the number of French reading them.

People can't argue and complain with regards to one language - Welsh - but not raise a single comment when another language is "insulted". It's similar to NIMBYisn - "insult" any language but ours, which is where the hypocracy kicks in.

wtf?! It's not hypocracy at all, if people are massively offended by someone insulting their langauge, they are not going to go through the entire article and pull out every little thing that offends them.