Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what do you think?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:17 pm

today was mikey dyes day, and i dont think , brendan rogers fathers death, should have been mentioned, he had nothing to do with cardiff city, although any death is sad, i just think it was not appropiate to mention his death at the game today :roll:

Re: what do you think?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:42 pm

should have NOT been mentioned,

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:53 pm

:roll: :roll:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 pm

ninianblue wrote:today was mikey dyes day, and i dont think , brendan rogers fathers death, should have been mentioned, he had nothing to do with cardiff city, although any death is sad, i just think it was not appropiate to mention his death at the game today :roll:

i think after the respect given from swans fans for mikey, the least we could do is send our sympathys to swansea. Death is a tragic thing regardless of whatever circumstances you find. Today was Mikey Dyes day and will always be remembered as his day, but that does not mean as a collective group we should retract our symapthies to Brendans family in this sad time.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:09 pm

not today. today was for a city fan. who was tragically killed. it was a day for us supporters to show our grief, but felt it was gate crashed by brendans fathers death, to me it was totally unexceptable :roll:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:17 pm

ninianblue wrote:not today. today was for a city fan. who was tragically killed. it was a day for us supporters to show our grief, but felt it was gate crashed by brendans fathers death, to me it was totally unexceptable :roll:

i think your comments are unexceptable, I thought our tribute for mikey was outstanding and you wont find tributes like that from many other clubs and I want to be very careful in what i say because I dont want to offend people, but ill buy you a condolence card for the Rodgers family and you can write in it:
You ungrateful bastards
Cant your father have waited another day
signed Ninianblue
Grow Up mate

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:20 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
ninianblue wrote:not today. today was for a city fan. who was tragically killed. it was a day for us supporters to show our grief, but felt it was gate crashed by brendans fathers death, to me it was totally unexceptable :roll:

i think your comments are unexceptable, I thought our tribute for mikey was outstanding and you wont find tributes like that from many other clubs and I want to be very careful in what i say because I dont want to offend people, but ill buy you a condolence card for the Rodgers family and you can write in it:
You ungrateful bastards
signed Ninianblue
Grow Up mate

thanks for your opinion, i obviously cant have mine

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:25 pm

ninianblue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

You ungrateful bastards
signed Ninianblue
Grow Up mate

thanks for your opinion, i obviously cant have mine

ok fine i completly respect the fact that you feel the death of a mans father is completely irrelevant
and how you feel that it was in poor taste that the man dared to die the night before Cardiff City publicly mourned one of their own
good shout mate
didnt know a mans life means so little to some people

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Swansea fans have shown us nothin but respect and compassion for wot happened to mikey, IMO there was nothin wrong with mentionin brendons father, RIP both

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:30 pm

I didn't know Mr Dye, but today was his day at Cardiff City Stadium. The collection, the memorial at the gates, the minutes applause, the singing and chanting for him throughout the game.

It was Mr Dye's day. No doubt about that.

The club made a nice gesture towards Swansea City for the death of Brendan Rogers' father. I'd like to think we're civilised enough to put rivalry aside when something like that happens. Especially after a lot of Swansea supporters, and the Swansea club itself extended their condolences to one of our own.

I thought it was a very nice gesture by our club, but it was Mr Dye's day regardless.

:ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:42 pm

I thought it was a great gesture

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I thought it was a great gesture

maybe i was caught up in the unawares, the day. for me was about mikey, but then after visiting the city shrine, i go into the ground, clap for mikey, then brendan rodgers father, god. i know a loss off life is sad. but i just cant . understand why we had any mention of brendan rogers father. whats he got to do with the city. and is it like for like.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:57 pm

What a pathetic thing to say, I thought it was a fantastic thing for the club to do, Everyone in the stadium clapped. God knows what B Rogers is going through but people showed great support today.

All clubs have shown great support for us over the last few days, Why shouldn't we show it for other clubs?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:58 pm

ninianblue wrote:

maybe i was caught up in the unawares, the day. for me was about mikey, but then after visiting the city shrine, i go into the ground, clap for mikey, then brendan rodgers father, god. i know a loss off life is sad. but i just cant . understand why we had any mention of brendan rogers father. whats he got to do with the city. and is it like for like.

does it have to be like for like, you scratch my back ill scratch yours, I wondered how long this cardiff/swansea love in would last, have a bit of respect, take the moral high ground whatever you want to call it, it was right that we sent our condolences to swansea and the Rodgers family and if swansea dont return the favour when our managers father dies so be it ill still be proud that we had the morality to share in a families grief. Plus it hardly took the focus off the day i could barely hear the Rodgers announcement with the chants 'there is only one mikey dye' pouring out around the ground.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Frodo wrote:I didn't know Mr Dye, but today was his day at Cardiff City Stadium. The collection, the memorial at the gates, the minutes applause, the singing and chanting for him throughout the game.

The club made a nice gesture towards Swansea City for the death of Brendan Rogers' father. I'd like to think we're civilised enough to put rivalry aside when something like that happens. Especially after a lot of Swansea supporters, and the Swansea club itself extended their condolences to one of our own.

I thought it was a very nice gesture by our club, but it was Mr Dye's day regardless.

Agree with you here chief

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:01 pm

well im going to finish it there. its mikeys day , and i aint going to say no more

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:06 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:[does it have to be like for like, you scratch my back ill scratch yours, I wondered how long this cardiff/swansea love in would last, have a bit of respect, take the moral high ground whatever you want to call it, it was right that we sent our condolences to swansea and the Rodgers family and if swansea dont return the favour when our managers father dies so be it ill still be proud that we had the morality to share in a families grief. Plus it hardly took the focus off the day i could barely hear the Rodgers announcement with the chants 'there is only one mikey dye' pouring out around the ground.

I have to agree.

You make gestures like we did today because of your moral compass. You know it was right to. If Swansea supporters, or club, hadn't said anything about Mr Dye, i'd like to think we, as a club, would still have mentioned Brendan Rogers and given him a clap.

We were right to do that today, in my opinion.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 pm

i thought it was a great gesture, personally the jacks showed us respect with the passing of Mike Dye, even though i didn't him personally, this still raised my opinion of them and after all the respect they gave us perhaps we should show a bit of respect for the passing of their managers father even though he had nothing to do with us. It was still Mike Dye's day one sentence didn't turn it into a "split day" for Brendan Rodgers dad and Mike Dye.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 pm

ninianblue wrote:

I think it was more to do with respect especially after the underhand spiteful media reports trying to stir shit between the clubs. I think it showed we were above them (media) and as a club has morals and respect.
I really dont see how anyone can think today was anything other than about mike, the club got it all spot on and made it a real occasion to celebrate the life of a great fan :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Th@Und@D@wg wrote:
Frodo wrote:I didn't know Mr Dye, but today was his day at Cardiff City Stadium. The collection, the memorial at the gates, the minutes applause, the singing and chanting for him throughout the game.

Agree with you here chief

Ta. I think you're the first person to ever agree with me about anything ever!

:lol:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Looks like it was just you ninianblue thankfully. Thought it was a great gesture.