Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Banned from Ninian Stand for persistent standing...

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this yet (so if they have then please feel free to delete this mods) but my season ticket didnt work when i got to the Stadium today, it was blocked along with 20 other people's who "sit" or "stand" in the top corner of the Ninian Stand near the away fans.

I was spoken to by the steward for about 10 mins, he told me that my seat had been flagged and that if i continued to stand then i would get a 5 game ban, and if so again then my season ticket would become void. Same thing happened to mate sat next to me and the steward showed me the list of what he said was 20 people who he'd also be speaking to.

I personally, think its absolutely ridiculous, i just stand when everyone else stands!!! other people may just say transfer your season ticket to the Canton (as the Steward advised) and thats exactly what im going to do next week.

I think its such a shame though, the atmosphere is going to be killed even more in the Ninian after this.

Loved Gerrard's celebration today by the way, was fitting. I also put all the change i had in one of the bucket's for Mikey Dye and they were all seeming pretty full by the end of the game, which was a great effort. :ayatollah:

Re: Banned from Ninian Stand for persistent standing...

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:14 am

Midfield general wrote:what do the terms and conditions say mate..?

i dont think he is opposed to terms and conditions,he is simply saying the atmosphere has been erroded by this new regime,and i got to be honest,i tend to agree :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 am

krab wrote:

i dont think he is opposed to terms and conditions,he is simply saying the atmosphere has been erroded by this new regime,and i got to be honest,i tend to agree :ayatollah:

spot on krab :old:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:29 am

If you sing in the Ninian Stand then you ARE allowed to stand as this is ok according to the rules , so theres no need to move just more need to sing we will try and get more songs going next home game onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:34 am

Stop being pussies and come in the Canton Stand where the real fun is! :D :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:57 pm

What frustrates me is that they let half the Doncaster fans stand. In big contingents it is difficult to police away fans standing but if they expect home fans to sit then the same should apply to the away fans.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

They warned people at the start of the season so its not surprise really.

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:What frustrates me is that they let half the Doncaster fans stand. In big contingents it is difficult to police away fans standing but if they expect home fans to sit then the same should apply to the away fans.

Good point though.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Fact if you sing you can stand so the problem will cease to exist if we all sing next game and from then on :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:44 pm

The Stadium Regulations can be found in the Club section on the main website;

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Gro ... 35,00.html

The regulations do clearly state (Section 13) that no standing is allowed in seating areas whilst play is in progress, it also says that persistent standing whilst play is in progress could result in being ejected from the ground.

What it doesn't say or at least I can't see it is that your ST will be blocked without prior notice and that you will not be allowed entry to the ground on arrival.

In my opinion this is a rather confrontational way for the club to be dealing with this, afterall if they can identify someone from their seat and put a block on their ST then surely as ST holders the club could write to them informing the ST holder of a possible block being placed on entry to the stadium.

To me this is a bit heavy handed from the club surely it's better to talk, maybe offer people a seat elsewhere in the stadium where standing is allowed.

Surely it's better to talk about a problem than deal with it in such a confrontational way. Hmmm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:47 pm

castleblue wrote:The Stadium Regulations can be found in the Club section on the main website;

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Gro ... 35,00.html

The regulations do clearly state (Section 13) that no standing is allowed in seating areas whilst play is in progress, it also says that persistent standing whilst play is in progress could result in being ejected from the ground.

What it doesn't say or at least I can't see it is that your ST will be blocked without prior notice and that you will not be allowed entry to the ground on arrival.

In my opinion this is a rather confrontational way for the club to be dealing with this, afterall if they can identify someone from their seat and put a block on their ST then surely as ST holders the club could write to them informing the ST holder of a possible block being placed on entry to the stadium.

To me this is a bit heavy handed from the club surely it's better to talk, maybe offer people a seat elsewhere in the stadium where standing is allowed.

Surely it's better to talk about a problem than deal with it in such a confrontational way. Hmmm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

totally agree with that, I thought the procedure was for the club to send a letter first.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:25 am

think they should get a grip. it's actually hard to sit down for a lot of people especially when some of us were used to standing up all the time at ninian park. i know some of you might think...well that was a few years ago, but a lot of people do not want to sit down at games.
if your in the corner at the top of the ninian? why is that such a problem? your not blocking anyones views.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:50 am

the same terms and conditions the club feels ok to break by letting people stand in the canton :roll:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:04 am

jinks-rct wrote:

the same terms and conditions the club feels ok to break by letting people stand in the canton :roll:

The issue is the club *HAS* to enforce the no standing rule, otherwise the capacity will be reduced.

If the club can be seen as confining all the persistent standers to one area of the ground then the FA will probably turn a blind eye to this for the time being - work in progress by the club to achieve the aim set out by the FA.

One question for the supportes of standing where you like. Should the club eventually be hit with a lower capacity penalty, which season ticket holders should have their tickets voided? Those that persistently stand and caused the issue or those that abide by the rules?