Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE TODAY

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Big thanks to everyone who helped with the collection today, it was overwhelming, you all know who you are and the enthusiasm to help was great. Also big thanks to all that donated. Its all locked away with Vince now and we'll let you know the total ASAP, but it was immense and thanks again.
One bucket taken around Canton today had over a thousand pound in it, and peoples generosity and willingness to help really warmed my heart.

For a long while today there were hundreds and hundreds of people gathered around the gates, but there was a dignified silence with everyone deep in thought,seeing Nathalie and the kids united in grief was heartbreaking but I'm sure that seeing the flowers scarves and flags etc and all the messages must have given them some comfort.

We are part of a special club with special fans, never forget it. :old:

Re: HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE TODAY

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Well done to all those concerned

I am sure that his family appreciate all you have done and will continue to do.

Went and saw the gates before the match and really hoped that the boys on the pitch would deliver the right result for "Mikey"

They did not let him down

So proud to be a City fan today

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:03 pm

There was a lot of love, respect and dignity today.

I was pleased it went well for Mike and his family and felt very proud to be part of such a special club :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:35 pm

gwyn what u and the boys did today shows what kind and generous fans we have,also the dignified manner in which the fans and players displayed at the announcement of the deaths of mikey and brendans dad was also very moving.im sure mikeys family will have taken alot of comfort from today.well done everyone today especially you and your helpers ,i only hope the tabloids report these good deeds instead of the disgraceful lies they printed this week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Well done Gwyn for stepping forward again.

And to everyone else involved.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Yes well done to all , I tied my scarf to the Sloper Rd railings and put a quid in Mandy's bucket .

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Gwyn, made me proud to be a city fan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:15 pm

i didnt know mikey personally but i was glad to contribute to the collections today,the tragedy has been on my mind all week since it happened.
hope the money us fans raise help his family as much as possible :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Gwyn you are a diamond and have raised thousands the past few days , da iawn butty !

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Pleasure to help :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Well done all, spoke to Mandy (Sam salim's other half) Mallo's sister, and we were both fighting back the tear's. R.I.P bluebird. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Gwyn you are a diamond and have raised thousands the past few days , da iawn butty !

100 percent spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Gotta say a BIG Thank you to all the people who donated today. I for one was overwhelmed by the support for the fans :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Im sure there is many on here that knows how it feels when a love one dies, I was 37 when my dad died suddenly in 1986,he was 58 and it ripped me to bits, even now ,every day I think of him and the pain never goes away , you just learn to live with it.

I pray that feeling will come soon to Mikeys family and there pain will grow less and less with each passing day. R I P Mikey

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:08 pm

well done gwyn :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Greatest team in football :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Big thanks to everyone who helped with the collection today, it was overwhelming, you all know who you are and the enthusiasm to help was great. Also big thanks to all that donated. Its all locked away with Vince now and we'll let you know the total ASAP, but it was immense and thanks again.
One bucket taken around Canton today had over a thousand pound in it, and peoples generosity and willingness to help really warmed my heart.

For a long while today there were hundreds and hundreds of people gathered around the gates, but there was a dignified silence with everyone deep in thought,seeing Nathalie and the kids united in grief was heartbreaking but I'm sure that seeing the flowers scarves and flags etc and all the messages must have given them some comfort.

We are part of a special club with special fans, never forget it. :old:

Well done Gwyn and all your helpers :ayatollah: You have done our club and Mikeys family proud :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I walked passed you as you thanked donny fans who were laying flowers. I never knew Mikey, neither have I spoken to you but things like this bring fans together.... Well done.