http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14858065

lets hope it gets sorted soon

LATEST NEWS

link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59371 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Michael Dye murder: Wembley fans' CCTV image issued

CCTV image of fans gathering at Wembley's Turnstile C before Tuesday's match

'No action' against Wembley fans

Police have released CCTV images of football fans who may have information about the murder of a Wales' supporter at Wembley.

Bluebirds fan Michael Dye, 44, suffered head injuries before the Euro 2012 qualifier on Tuesday and died later in hospital.

Police want to talk to fans who were at Turnstile C before the game.

Players and fans will hold a minute's silence before Saturday's Cardiff City home game with Doncaster.

Police say the post-mortem examination gave the cause of Mr Dye's death as blunt trauma to the back of the head.

No further action is being taken against six men who were arrested in the Wales supporters area of Wembley after the incident.

'Imperative'

Michael Dye was a mason with Cardiff City council
Officers from Metropolitan Police's Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating, and issued the CCTV image of fans at the stadium as part of the inquiry.

Acting Det Ch Insp Sheila Stewart appealed to anyone who recognises any of the witnesses in the CCTV still released to come forward.

"This incident has emerged from a moment of brutal violence with catastrophic consequences leaving behind a family without a son, husband and father," she said.

"It is imperative that we have the public's assistance to identify those involved,"

Both teams will wear black arm fans in the Cardiff City - Doncaster match later where the family of Mr Dye, will attend as guests of the club.

Sympathy cards

Wales manager Gary Speed will join both managers at the side of the pitch for the minute's silence.

On Friday afternoon, Bluebirds and Wales striker Robert Earnshaw, representing both Cardiff City and the Football Association of Wales, lay flowers at the gates.

The club said the Ninian Park gates, where many fans have left tributes, will remain closed for Saturday's game as a mark of respect.

Long-time friend Vince Alm, of Cardiff City Supporters' Club, said Mr Dye's partner Natalie and family had taken strength from the depth of feeling from fellow fans.

"There's been tributes from people who don't know him or knew him little but, because of the tragedy of it, they've wanted to show their support and grieve alongside the family," he said.

"Natalie's had sympathy cards from all sorts of people including one from the House of Commons.

"His boys have also been down there at the gates to look at the tributes. They take strength from that."

Fans are also organising a bucket collection on Saturday with cash raised being donated to the Dye Family.

Re: Wembley fans' CCTV image issued

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 am

You'd have thought they'd have had a better photo than that

Re: Wembley fans' CCTV image issued

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:18 am

Nottage Blue wrote:You'd have thought they'd have had a better photo than that

i no your not wrong there :shock: :evil:

Re: " Wembley fans' CCTV image issued "

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 am

funny how from inside they can show faces of 80000 people this clearly http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 804836.ece .. but from the outside they only got that shit photo

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 am

Midfield general wrote:What I cant understand is why didnt they study the CCTV properly when everyone was inside the ground..? As we all know every turnstyle leads to a section of seats within the ground so is it just me or could they have had the guilty person/s involved before half time of the game!!!! :evil:

Or am I missing something here..?

Adam, I heard that because the Met had the 6 Innocent Welsh fans on the night, they did not look any further.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 am

Someone just posted on FB that a 41 year old from Worcester have been arrested for Mikeys murder

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 am

Not asking for detail Annis, but was any boys with Mike who can help with enquries?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 am

Western Blue wrote:Not asking for detail Annis, but was any boys with Mike who can help with enquries?

What do you honestly think.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 am

I honesty do not know if je had anyone with him or not, that's why I ask... Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:50 am

Western Blue wrote:I honesty do not know if je had anyone with him or not, that's why I ask... Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question!

Someone has been arrested

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:53 am

Western Blue wrote:Not asking for detail Annis, but was any boys with Mike who can help with enquries?

Yes Mikey had one friend with him.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, - is the entry to the ground the same as CCCS - if so I would have thought the police could examine this to see who entered the ground at the time concerned - alternately the culprits would be seen walking away from the entrance after having assaulted Mikey - any thoughts?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 am

Fusilier23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, - is the entry to the ground the same as CCCS - if so I would have thought the police could examine this to see who entered the ground at the time concerned - alternately the culprits would be seen walking away from the entrance after having assaulted Mikey - any thoughts?

Just been told.
They have full pictures of the incident.
There was at least 5 of them.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Just been told.
They have full pictures of the incident.

Good - all the Met have to do is follow one of the assailants, and if the entry control is the same as CCCS, they should know what seat etc the guys were in and then cross reference the purchase details.

just hope they are thinking along the same lines as me!!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Sorry but something smells wrong here somewhere!!!!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:04 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Sorry but something smells wrong here somewhere!!!!

I am hearing he will be charged and in Court Monday afternoon.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Things suddenly smell a little better!!!!!
Lets hope the guy they have is the culprit.
The sooner its all settled and the b*stard starts to rot in jail the better.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:10 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Things suddenly smell a little better!!!!!
Lets hope the guy they have is the culprit.
The sooner its all settled and someone starts to rot in jail the better.

What upsets me is the National Media are not interested now and it makes it worse, as I am hearing he was an English Fan, yet they Ridiculed the Welsh over it and it was appalling.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:03 pm

totally agree annis,the press made out it was the jacks but they had no involvement whatsoever.not once was the blame laid with english supporters.a public appology is paramount.to all who were blamed.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:totally agree annis,the press made out it was the jacks but they had no involvement whatsoever.not once was the blame laid with english supporters.a public appology is paramount.to all who were blamed.

I am more than hearing it was English fan, it will soon be confirmed he is.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 am

Anthonyb_ccfc wrote:funny how from inside they can show faces of 80000 people this clearly http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 804836.ece .. but from the outside they only got that shit photo

DO NOT tag a picture of yourself on this site, another way of the scum to get info on people and their friends. :evil:

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:08 am

I followed the link to the mail site. Funny that they can't take comments for legal reasons. Bunch of cnuts.