Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Speech.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Just had this video sent to me. Im in a philosophical kind of mood anyway so this immediately struck a nerve. This was written by Charlie Chaplin himself...watch. Unbelievably accurate, even more so now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ibmcsEGLKo

:ayatollah:

Re: The Speech.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:42 pm

That is absolutely class mate. Thanks for sharing it!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:57 pm

12thMan wrote:That is absolutely class mate. Thanks for sharing it!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Purely inspirational. One of the best Iv'e ever heard and its from THE original comedy actor. :shock: Iv'e played it back 3 times and it makes more and more sense each time, every word is on the money.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 am

Never seen that before, that's great, thanks for sharing it

Love Peace and Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 am

The weird thing about the speech is that it's from his film 'The Great Dictator', which is a comedy where he plays Hitler and a Jewish Barber (I think). This is at the end where the dictator doesn't want to be a dictator any more and sees the world for what it actually is (hence the speech).

It's strange how relevant the speech is to modern day.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:16 am

Had this video sent to me yesterday, already made a thread on it but it has had that much of a profound affect on me I am posting it again. Im in a philosophical kind of mood anyway so this immediately struck a nerve. This was written by Charlie Chaplin himself...watch. Unbelievably accurate, even more so now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ibmcsEGLKo