Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

From Glasgow Rangers RIP.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:37 pm

As 1 or 2 of you know already I have a season ticket in the Bill Struth stand at Ibrox that I normaly sell on a match to match basis to lads from Northern Ireland and Falkirk most of the time when I dont go because of clashes with the City.

These lads have become friends over many years and were realy sorry to here the sad news in midweek.

At first they asked me to put down a Union Jack Flag with a Rangers Crest in the middle with RIP from all at Rangers written on the front.

Obviously anyone who has been down the ground will know that I havnt done it.

I havnt done it because I didnt know if it was the right thing to do and I genuinly didnt want to piss anyone off.

I have a Rangers Shirt with the same written on which will go up tomorow on sunday depending on whether those ITK tell me its the right thing to do or not.

Cheers Lads.

A gutted MFTHWL

Re: From Glasgow Rangers RIP.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Midfield general wrote:Mate all club rivalries are put to one side for this so Im sure I speak to everyone when I say that your shirt would be welcomed :ayatollah:

You put up whatever flag/jersey you want, its a sign of respect and that's all that matters... especially as far and wide as Scotland. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Family will appreciate that im sure.
Last edited by Taff on the Mersey on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Nobody should have a problem with that,had a drink with rangers lads up in Goole when we were playing Hull & they were all sound :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Rivalries aside, if YOU feel it's your tribute and way to say goodbye to a football fan, then do it. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Its not possible for me to put them up tomorow but there will be a Rangers shirt up on Sunday which comes from the hearts of
Rangers fans in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Cardiff.

:ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Cheers lads, I just didnt want to upset anyone by putting up a Union Jacks thats all. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:13 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Cheers lads, I just didnt want to upset anyone by putting up a Union Jacks thats all. :ayatollah:

I hate them with a passion, but it doesn't matter a shite what anyone thinks.

Fire it up there mate :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Cheers lads, I just didnt want to upset anyone by putting up a Union Jacks thats all. :ayatollah:

I hate them with a passion, but it doesn't matter a shite what anyone thinks.

Fire it up there mate :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Its respect, nothing more. :ayatollah: