Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MIKE DYE RESPECTS TOMORROW - CCFC "

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 70,00.html

On Saturday Cardiff City are honoured to pay respects to Mike Dye. Following consultation with the family via the Supporters Club, the following has been arranged.

We have invited members of Mike's family to the game along with Gary Speed and Jonathan Ford as representatives of the FAW.

Both Cardiff City and Doncaster Rovers will be wearing black arm-bands as a mark of respect, while before the game we will be holding a minute silence, with Gary Speed joining both managers pitch-side.

Supporters have arranged to gather at the old Ninian Park gates at 2pm on Saturday, while details of a collection are online via supporters messageboards and social networking sites.

On Friday afternoon Robert Earnshaw represented both Cardiff City and the FAW by laying flowers at the gates. We are sure that supporters from both clubs will play their part in paying suitable respects on Saturday.

Re: MIKE DYE RESPECTS TOMORROW - CCFC

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Fitting tributes. :(

Re: MIKE DYE RESPECTS TOMORROW - CCFC

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Be an emotional day :cry:

Re: " MIKE DYE RESPECTS TOMORROW - CCFC "

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:33 pm

How about after the minutes silence the whole ground chants his name?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:How about after the minutes silence the whole ground chants his name?

Gareth, I totally expect that to happen

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:03 pm

I SO wish they didnt have the "silence" - clapping seems more fitting for a young man who loved his football

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Jez wrote:I SO wish they didnt have the "silence" - clapping seems more fitting for a young man who loved his football

It is a difficult one Claire. THey only started applause because of twats like the sunderland fans who booed the John Charles silence. However as a tribute to a diehard fan applause and chanting is more appropriate.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Jez wrote:I SO wish they didnt have the "silence" - clapping seems more fitting for a young man who loved his football

It is a difficult one Claire. THey only started applause because of twats like the sunderland fans who booed the John Charles silence. However as a tribute to a diehard fan applause and chanting is more appropriate.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:33 pm

I hope that everyone concerned has a 'good' day tomorrow and achieve whats intended, I'm sure you will and lets hope that each Cardiff goal is dedicated to your mate. Thinking of you all, paul, THFC.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:02 am

be great if someone can video it and post on here for those of us who cant be at the game
RIP Mikey

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:32 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: