Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" cancer suffering bluebirds!! "

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 am

Hey guys and girls i know its not best of timing but i have a bucket collection at ccs tomorrow for macmillan cancer care, the reason im doing this is a few years back macmillan looked after my grandfather during his final days and did a fantastic job. My grandfather brian evans was a bluebird like us all and followed the city everywhere,arranged away coach days and was even steward at the old ninian park. To honour my hero im raising money for the charity and running the new york marathon in november. With mikey at the forefront of everyones minds tomorrow and rightly so im just hoping that during these hard financial times if you can spare any change,myself, my family and the charity would be very grateful. With us having the best supporters anywhere ill thank u in advance for your support :ayatollah:

Re: cancer suffering bluebirds!!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:58 am

MacMillan were great to my mother in her final days and I always do their Cynon Valley walk ........ where are the buckets gonna be then ?

Re: cancer suffering bluebirds!!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:05 am

Buckets will be inside ground as you go through turnstiles thankyou martyn fantastic charity

Re: " cancer suffering bluebirds!! "

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:08 am

tonnehead wrote:Hey guys and girls i know its not best of timing but i have a bucket collection at ccs tomorrow for macmillan cancer care, the reason im doing this is a few years back macmillan looked after my grandfather during his final days and did a fantastic job. My grandfather brian evans was a bluebird like us all and followed the city everywhere,arranged away coach days and was even steward at the old ninian park. To honour my hero im raising money for the charity and running the new york marathon in november. With mikey at the forefront of everyones minds tomorrow and rightly so im just hoping that during these hard financial times if you can spare any change,myself, my family and the charity would be very grateful. With us having the best supporters anywhere ill thank u in advance for your support :ayatollah:

Dean,
I am sure there will be Great Support from fellow Bluebirds :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks annis im sure there will aswell but just wanted to notify fans as what its for asking ppl to give twice is a stiff ask in these hard financial times. Lets hope tomorrow is a great day for gone but not forgotten bluebirds

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:06 am

Had and survived cancer for over 12 years now!!

A worthy cause - well done mate

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 am

Just spoken to Dean who's organising the macmillan collection, He's kindly rearranged the Macmillan collection for another game in the near future. Big thanks to Dean and Wayne Nash and the club for arranging this and being so understanding.
I was having a real guilt trip, as those of you who know what my daughter is going thru will fully understand, and the thought of this worthwhile charity losing out was weighing heavy on me.

Hopefully, some good will come of this and when they have their day, we can all do our utmost to fully support this, Dean is also doing the New York marathon so a big up to him and I fully intend sponsoring him for that great effort, especially when the only marathon I could manage comes in a brown wrapper and that's a struggle (as if)

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 am

Recntly raised just under £500 for Marie Curie Cancer Care, lost my Brother in Law to Cancer and my Mother lost her Partner last year so it is a cause i will always support :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Big sigh of relief from me gwyn didnt want anything to spoil mikeys day and thanks for the support. The club have given me the sunday leicester game so myself and the charity are both very happy with that. A sensible solution has been reached by fans working together its a shame tuesday didnt pan out the same r.i.p fellow bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:25 pm

tonnehead wrote:Big sigh of relief from me gwyn didnt want anything to spoil mikeys day and thanks for the support. The club have given me the sunday leicester game so myself and the charity are both very happy with that. A sensible solution has been reached by fans working together its a shame tuesday didnt pan out the same r.i.p fellow bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: