Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PROTEST AGAINST THE SUN AT MATCH TOMORROW

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:22 am

I'm new to the forum but very angry about the Sun's coverage. Don't know Mikey Dye but know friend of his. If the family are happy with it I suggest an organised protest at Sat's match. I know there are people out there who already have ideas and that a 'Cardiff City fans boycott The Sun' facebook page is up already. My suggestion (for what its worth) is:

Get thousands of the 'Don't Buy The Sun' posters printed quickly (anyone know a Bluebird printer?)
Those interested meet at 2.15 outside the City shop to get organised and distribute the posters to arriving fans.
After the minutes silence has been observed at the beginning of the match - wait till the strike of 30 minutes and then all City fans stand up with the posters displayed.

We need to get all the media - Echo, tv, Radio 5, Talksport, etc aware of this.

A front page apology by The Sun and a donation to Ty Hafan me thinks.

anyone interested or with ideas please contribute as this needs to happen quickly.

Liam

Re: PROTEST AGAINST THE SUN AT MATCH TOMORROW

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:12 am

Tomorrow's game is no place for protests. Respect the memory of Mikey. Protests are for another time and place

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:24 am

This is an idea at this stage and I think it's very important that the minutes silence and the Protest against the Suns coverage are kept separate. The feelings of the family about this are PARAMOUNT- but we all know that journalists get away with this sort of thing because nobody protests and hits their sales. It's a delicate balance to strike. anyone else with ideas?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:28 am

I agree completely with you about the way the gutter press have handled the whole thing. It's disgusting, vile and vicious.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Liamw wrote:I'm new to the forum but very angry about the Sun's coverage. Don't know Mikey Dye but know friend of his. If the family are happy with it I suggest an organised protest at Sat's match. I know there are people out there who already have ideas and that a 'Cardiff City fans boycott The Sun' facebook page is up already. My suggestion (for what its worth) is:

Get thousands of the 'Don't Buy The Sun' posters printed quickly (anyone know a Bluebird printer?)
Those interested meet at 2.15 outside the City shop to get organised and distribute the posters to arriving fans.
After the minutes silence has been observed at the beginning of the match - wait till the strike of 30 minutes and then all City fans stand up with the posters displayed.

We need to get all the media - Echo, tv, Radio 5, Talksport, etc aware of this.

A front page apology by The Sun and a donation to Ty Hafan me thinks.

anyone interested or with ideas please contribute as this needs to happen quickly.

Liam

Do this instead mate.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 2c59b837ae

I have already asked TG to ban the Sun and Daily Mail from games and press conferences.

StT.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Tomorrow's game is no place for protests. Respect the memory of Mikey. Protests are for another time and place

That's the truth :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Tomorrow's game is no place for protests. Respect the memory of Mikey. Protests are for another time and place

Totally agree.

The sun won't even be at the game. Tomorrow is about mike and his family.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Totally agree.

The sun won't even be at the game. Tomorrow is about mike and his family.

:ayatollah:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:43 am

The clubs brilliant response, the complaints to the PCC, fans responses to the sun articles = justice

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:48 am

Liamw wrote:The clubs brilliant response, the complaints to the PCC, fans responses to the sun articles = justice

Only one thing to concentrate on now and that's Mikey's memory

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 am

sorry guys i dont read the sun, i refuse to because the shit they print is always lies, did they put some evil twist on such a tragic occurance.