Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

a night with Malky Tonight,, Mikey Dye

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:51 am

Great night tonight with 400 people turning up. Just wanted to let everyone know that Julian Jenkins proposed a toast to the memory of Mikey Dye . all people there naturally toasted Mikey.

RIP Mikey, god bless you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: a night with Malky Tonight,, Mikey Dye

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:25 am

I was there mate, Great night which raised a lot of money for the academy. A nice touch by Julian regarding his comments and toast to Mikey. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:34 am

Yeah, myself, my dad and my friend with his family went. Had to laugh at the one bloke on our table getting to the final four in the Heads or Tails and then winning the Fred Keenor Statue. He even put a cheeky bid in for the Aaron Ramsey shirt!

We met Malky, Lee Sharpe and had a great chat with Damon Searle at the end. All three were very friendly and it was a really enjoyable night. The tribute to Mikey Dye was very moving from Julian who you could tell has been deeply affected by it. Speaking of Julian, it's a shame he is leaving to go to egg chasing because I think I speak for many when I say he's been a great credit to this club. He went above and beyond his station to sort out a personal guided tour for my parents for my mum's birthday and it'll be a sad day when he leaves.

I think a special mention should go to the honesty Malky and Neal answered the questions with. Gethin I felt had his hands tied a little due to the sensitivity of some financial issues which was understandable. I don't know if I am in the majority or not but I much prefer supporting a team that is mid-table with the potential of achieving more which has more care for the fans than the distanced relationship we experienced last season. Malky is one of us and I don't mean that as in he's a Cardiff boy because, as we all know, he's Scottish. However, his mentality and desire makes him one of us and I fully buy in to what he wants and how he plans to go about it. If he isn't successful then he's going to die trying to be.

Also, Damon Searle, what a great bloke. He was only too happy to speak to me and my mate about different things in football including how Darcy Blake performing at international level doesn't guarantee he'll perform at Championship, the reasons for players performing differently at different clubs and other topics that he was very passionate about and it was very interesting to hear his views. He knows his stuff.

All in all though, a really good night. Just a shame they put cutlery out for more food and then prick teased us by taking it away after the main course!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:37 am

Zabier wrote:Yeah, myself, my dad and my friend with his family went. Had to laugh at the one bloke on our table getting to the final four in the Heads or Tails and then winning the Fred Keenor Statue. He even put a cheeky bid in for the Aaron Ramsey shirt!

We met Malky, Lee Sharpe and had a great chat with Damon Searle at the end. All three were very friendly and it was a really enjoyable night. The tribute to Mikey Dye was very moving from Julian who you could tell has been deeply affected by it. Speaking of Julian, it's a shame he is leaving to go to egg chasing because I think I speak for many when I say he's been a great credit to this club. He went above and beyond his station to sort out a personal guided tour for my parents for my mum's birthday and it'll be a sad day when he leaves.

I think a special mention should go to the honesty Malky and Neal answered the questions with. Gethin I felt had his hands tied a little due to the sensitivity of some financial issues which was understandable. I don't know if I am in the majority or not but I much prefer supporting a team that is mid-table with the potential of achieving more which has more care for the fans than the distanced relationship we experienced last season. Malky is one of us and I don't mean that as in he's a Cardiff boy because, as we all know, he's Scottish. However, his mentality and desire makes him one of us and I fully buy in to what he wants and how he plans to go about it. If he isn't successful then he's going to die trying to be.

Also, Damon Searle, what a great bloke. He was only too happy to speak to me and my mate about different things in football including how Darcy Blake performing at international level doesn't guarantee he'll perform at Championship, the reasons for players performing differently at different clubs and other topics that he was very passionate about and it was very interesting to hear his views. He knows his stuff.

All in all though, a really good night. Just a shame they put cutlery out for more food and then prick teased us by taking it away after the main course!

Steve, Julian Jenkins will be a great loss to our Club.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:39 am

There's only one thing to do then Annis. Kidnap him, strip him naked and tie him to the goalposts at the Canton End until he agrees not to leave! :ayatollah:

Not sure why we need to strip him naked but there we go! :D

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:39 am

Zabier wrote:There's only one thing to do then Annis. Kidnap him, strip him naked and tie him to the goalposts at the Canton End until he agrees not to leave! :ayatollah:

Not sure why we need to strip him naked but there we go! :D

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:30 am

Hi Zabier. That was me. My lucky night but the cheeky bid was only to wind up my wife who was there to make sure that I didn't bring anything home that would end up buried somewhere with all the other CCFC ephemera I've collected over the years. Now I've got the Fred Keenor staue to add to it all. Want to buy it?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:58 am

old ninian wrote:Hi Zabier. That was me. My lucky night but the cheeky bid was only to wind up my wife who was there to make sure that I didn't bring anything home that would end up buried somewhere with all the other CCFC ephemera I've collected over the years. Now I've got the Fred Keenor staue to add to it all. Want to buy it?

Haha, no, you won it. Keep it to wind the wife up! Had to chuckle at the reluctant bidding for the Adam Matthews and Joe Ledley Celtic shirts but even they eventually fetched a decent sum. Good night but got a sore head today and work is a struggle. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Great night , Great cause, I agree on the Julian front he looked to be very effective , and will be hard to replace.
Malky is a breathe of fresh air, we now have a team with passion , desire, team spirit and a never give in attitude, if we had that last year we would be in the premiership.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:29 pm

i went last night. it was very good but very disappointed with the food. i am sure i read somewhere that it was a three course meal. all we had was a curry and a plate of potatoes/simosas between 12 of us. Two of the people on our table didnt even like curry and left it. There weren't any other alternatives. Spoke to the caterering manager from compass who said that cardiff city asked for a curry. The rest of the night was very good with Neil Ardley, Gethan Jenkins and Malky coming across very well and Lee Sharpe was excellent. Good night and money raised for the acedemy. :ayatollah: