Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Could a 'Football supporters against the Sun' demonstration

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 am

Midfield general wrote:be organised outside their headquarters in Wapping..? :ayatollah:

For once im not having a pop at you feller.

Good idea, but the only way to hit The Sun is by boycotting the paper.
Once enough people do that, the advertisers will stop funding it.

Take the Scum down,and every other filthy rag will be forced to clean
up their act, or go down with it

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:11 am

Midfield general wrote:makes a change :lol:

I just thought by doing this would give supporters of other clubs a chance to publicly protest against the rag

perversely, the Scum would welcome the publicity

but would not want to be hit in the pocket

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:32 am

see Protest Against The Sun at tomorrows match - any ideas?

Re: Could a 'Football supporters against the Su' demonstration

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:08 am

WALES CAN CAUSE A TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN

But we have to show em in great numbers .Doesnt anyone know a BBC/tv journo?

What needs to happen is to give the TV Cameras something that is respectful to mike and crushing the the paps.

its not easy but trust me if its thought out well enough and the cameras are given something topical to film and enough notice to get there. They would be there.

Id be very surprised if there are no cameras on the approaches to the stadium tomorrow , if they are there EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US SHOULD EXPRESS OUR DISGUST FOR THESE JOURNO'S.
Its our best chance to make the news because we have sports news as well tomorrow.
Just my thoughts.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:49 am

Why is everyone just picking on the Sun ? The Daily Mirror posted exactly the same shit as the Sun. Why are they not being treated the same way ? I hope it isn't political IE just because its a Tory Paper.
In my mind so far The Mail, The Sun, The Daily Mirror are all guilty of gutter journalism and they should all be treated in the same way.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:07 am

Midfield general wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Why is everyone just picking on the Sun ? The Daily Mirror posted exactly the same shit as the Sun. Why are they not being treated the same way ? I hope it isn't political IE just because its a Tory Paper.
In my mind so far The Mail, The Sun, The Daily Mirror are all guilty of gutter journalism and they should all be treated in the same way.

I agree mate and I apologise as I stated this topic. Personally as Mediawales are owned by Trinity Mirror I do feel that 'maybe' the reason as to why they have been very slow in us getting any media backing on the campaign.

If you think that Media Wales' and the Mirror's reporting of this is in any way related and influenced by each other, then you're sadly mistaken. I work for Media Wales and I can assure you this isn't the case. The Echo's coverage (I don't read the Western Mail) has been completely sympathetic, as you would expect, so don't lump the 2 together please.

As for picketing Wapping and The Sun along with other football fans, this is a non-starter. It's a sad but true fact that the Sun is a favoured paper among football supporters and, until the sun do wrong by their club, they won't be interested in demonstrating outside the printing press or HQ or wherever

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:11 am

Yes but i want to know why is everyone JUST picking on the Sun when other Papers have been just as guilty ?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 am

taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:be organised outside their headquarters in Wapping..? :ayatollah:

For once im not having a pop at you feller.

Good idea, but the only way to hit The Sun is by boycotting the paper.
Once enough people do that, the advertisers will stop funding it.

Take the Scum down,and every other filthy rag will be forced to clean
up their act, or go down with it

One think that would worry me would be if the Scum came close to going into liquidation cause of it, Satan himself (Murdoch) Would buy the scum.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 am

Sunderl;and fans have also started a ban the Sun campaign...Liverpool have a long running campaign

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:23 am

corky wrote:Sunderl;and fans have also started a ban the Sun campaign...Liverpool have a long running campaign

Yeah, I was awarte of the Liverpool one which was started after Hillsboro. Didn't realise about Sunderland though

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:37 am

Only way to damage Murdochs empire is in its pocket, Id give the paper another 5years before it disappears. Ive asked why cant the club ban the Sun & Mail reports until they put their utter nonsense of a report right with a written apology to the family, friends & club for their damaging slurs.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 am

Wait, Murdoch owns the Sun?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:40 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Wait, Murdoch owns the Sun?

Yes

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:42 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Wait, Murdoch owns the Sun?

Yes

Right, its gonna be one of those days to day. THEN IM GLAD IVE NEVER BOUT THE SUN IN MY LIFE.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 am

Midfield general wrote:While the Echo has been sympathetic they should now be leading the charge behind the boycott project, they should be applying pressure to welsh politicans and helping to represent the Welsh public who all want the Met Police to do their job correctly. Its easy to change a few words to make a story seem sympathetic however its a completely different thing to help a public campaign.

There's absolutley no way another newspaper is going to launch a campaign to ban one of its competitors. If you believe that any paper would do something like this, you need to get your head out of the sand

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Taffyapple is right, the only way to hurt the Sun is not to buy it. Maybe we could start a paypal account and everyone could donate their daily 40p (or whatever the rag costs) to the family of Mickey Dye or use it to buy a memorial.

If enough people participated it would become a news item and hugely embrass the paper (much more than a protest outside Wapping) and might even encourage other innocent victims to do the same for their cause and diverting even more income away from that rag.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Taffyapple is right, the only way to hurt the Sun is not to buy it. Maybe we could start a paypal account and everyone could donate their daily 40p (or whatever the rag costs) to the family of Mickey Dye or use it to buy a memorial.

If enough people participated it would become a news item and hugely embrass the paper (much more than a protest outside Wapping) and might even encourage other innocent victims to do the same for their cause and diverting even more income away from that rag.

So what are you going to do buy the Mirror instead Chief :? :? :? :?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:While the Echo has been sympathetic they should now be leading the charge behind the boycott project, they should be applying pressure to welsh politicans and helping to represent the Welsh public who all want the Met Police to do their job correctly. Its easy to change a few words to make a story seem sympathetic however its a completely different thing to help a public campaign.

There's absolutley no way another newspaper is going to launch a campaign to ban one of its competitors. If you believe that any paper would do something like this, you need to get your head out of the sand

Right so the Mirror and Guardian didn't help to bring down the NOTW in its final days..? Yet the Liverpool Echo are supporting their 'Dont buy the Sun' campaign with stories like this: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -29159429/

There's nothing there to suggest they directly advocated a ban on buying the sun and the 2 papers probably justr mentioned the NOTW phone hacking scandal