Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

just emailed into the sun

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 am

I have come home late tonight now to sit down and read your newspaper article on the tragic loss of fellow bluebird fan, Mike Dye, who sadly, i did not have the pleasure to meet. I feel deeply disgusted about the fact that, Mr Dye went to watch his beloved country in a friendly game of football, and sadly had his life taken from him, The British soccer world is in mourning with fans from not only swansea, but fans from both England and Scotland posting their condolances on online forums. I knew the incident would make the national press, for the simple fact that when ever a incident occurs involving Cardiff City fans, or the Whole Club gets branded as, "mindless vandles, yobs and thugs" how i did not expect to read an article taking a personal snipe in the gentleman, branded him a hooligan, and thug who enjoyed going to away games to cause "argy bargy" as you put it. the sad truth is, you have no idea which forums he was a member on, what name he posted under, and no idea what he even posted.

Further more i am disgusted at the fact that if this had happend to an english football fan, then you would of reported on the sad story of how a loving family man tragically lost his life. I feel you owe the Dye family your personal apology and after this cheap snipe and assassination of a gentleman you should be sacked, because i feel you have no decency and would not resign.

I for one will no longer purchase a Sun newspaper and help promote the boycotting of this newspaper to as many as i can.

From a Disgusted Bluebird
Rest In Peace Mr Dye....and Keep The Faith
A Nation in mourning

Re: just emailed into the sun

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:27 am

see Protest Against The Sun at tomorrows match topic - any ideas?