Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky tonight said he's trying to sign....

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:07 pm

.....a striker and a wide midfielder on loan. This was at the "Meal with Malky" dinner tonight at the CCS! it was a great night where there was a Q&A section so I've put a couple of questions and answers you may like to know....

How close were we to signing Bellamy?
Malky- TG called Gethin Jenkins and Malky to ask them to enquire about Bellamy on the final day of the window. Up until that point, Man City hadn't even told Bellamy what their plans were for him. By the time that they made the enquiry, Bellamy was in a helicopter on his way to Liverpool on "gazzillion" pounds a week.

Why hasn't Darcy been given more of a run in the team and will he now get a run, and if so...what position?
Malky- Darcy was injured during pre-season and shouldn't have gone to the last international break (before this one) but it was good for him as he scored. He's been getting better and better and started the last game against Portsmouth. (when prompted about which position)... Left wing (laughed)

What are your views on the subs changing from 5 to 7 and will it stop the youngsters progression?
Neil Ardley- To be honest, I think that players should only get on a bench because they deserve to and not for the sake of it because they are lucky.
Malky- Yeah I'm not too happy about this. It's great to put a youngster on when you're 3-0 up to give them a taste of atmosphere and abit of experience. All managers will be doing everything we can to change it back but that won't happen til next season.

<to Neil Ardley>: How did you feel about the young lad that ended up being snapped up by Man Utd (Declan something??)
Ards- To be honest, his mother touted him around 6-7 clubs and it ended up that he went to Manchester Utd. We wanted to have a better look at him but at that time, we felt we had a better player than him anyway (Josh something??)

Just a few there (can't remember them all). Lee Sharp was also a speaker and was funny but the biggest thing is that the club raised around £10,000 for the Academy in Treforest.

Re: Malky tonight said he's trying to sign....

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Sounds like a really good night.

Can't fault Malky!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Malky tonight said he's trying to sign....

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Cheers Steve

.....a striker and a wide midfielder on loan. This was at the "Meal with Malky" dinner tonight at the CCS! it was a great night where there was a Q&A section so I've put a couple of questions and answers you may like to know....

I think it's all we need, we can cover very other position. Them get loans if and when we need them.