Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO J Coles, please read.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Mr Coles, Its obvious to everyone that you have read this board in order to get the info that you have to write your article on Mikey Dye. Its your job to do so and I thoroughly understand that, to sensationalise something sells papers, I dont agree with the ethics but I understand the motive.

In this case I firmly believe that you have made a mistake. Mikey was no angel but he was a long way off what you portrayed him as. He has in the past (mid 80's) been involved in the odd skirmish but who in reality has never been involved in a scuffle? be it in a pub, on the terraces or even drunken brawling outside some nightclub.

Mike was a hard working man who absolutely adored his children and they on him. He also leaves behing a completely heartbroken wife. They are the people who are suffering now, not mike and this is where my plea is to you.

Please print an apology in the paper, it doesnt have to be a double page spread or a grovelling apology but for the sake of mikes family I beg you to retract in some way. There is already a considerable amount of backing towards a boycott of the sun and in these days where the press has an all time low reputation, surely it would be better to report on the charity fund we have organised for mikes family.

So this is my appeal to you, no bad language, no threats and no abuse. I urge all city fans to follow my lead and place a heart felt plea here to the better nature of Mr.Coles. No amount of abuse will change anything but perhaps showing the world that we to have feelings are are hurting at the loss of one of our own and a particuarly sincere man who we all held a genuine affection for.